Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Frog Face  (Read 564 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
The Frog Face
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:23:09 pm »

Hey everyone! I wrote a short story! Dont worry, It's really short so when you read it you wont lose too much of your busy schedule.
Tell me what you think.

The horrible moon basked over them like an old woman looking in a cradle. The ocean air was moist and welcoming. The beach went on forever. It was almost a desert. Razouk pulled a small knife out of his overcoat and looked at it. The steel gleamed against the light of the moon. "What's that?" croaked Tabitha. Tabitha was a short ugly woman. She stunk and her cloths and hair stuck to her from dried bile that had accumulated over years. "You filthy monster!" screamed Razouk to Tabitha. "I still have feelings Razouk..." croaked Tabitha. Razouk swung his knife and chopped off Tabithas head. Bile spashed Razouk in the face and he barfed. The head fell through time. "Dont worry Tabitha, I'll stop this vicious cycle" said Razouk to the ugly head. He picked it up and put it in his overcoat. Razouk always loved to get new items for his inventory. Every item that filled his overcoat was like a drop of water to a starving man. Even this stinking head made him glad.

Razouk wiped the bile off his face. It was a lonely walk home. The streets glistened with blood. Bile creeped though the air like snakes in a pond. "Im sorry but I have a family to worry about" Razouk said to Tabitha. Tabitha nodded but said nothing. An owl hooted from a tree. Razouk glared at it for a moment but lost his concentration. The lights from his house glimmered in the distance. The streets were dark though. He had no other way to determine where he was or where he was going. Looking behind him there was only bile. It was closing in on him. The bile in the air was getting thicker with every step.

Razouk had been holding his breath for as long as he could remember. Bile enveloped him and he was blind. Yet even in darkness he could see the light coming from his house. He could hear the hooting of the owl again, but he knew that there was no owl. Finally Razouk reached his porch. The bile vanished in an instant. The door opened and something stirred. Razouk walked into the livingroom. Tabithas body sat on the couch. It rose to meet Razouk.

Tabithas bloated hand stroked Razouks chest. It slowly reached into his overcoat and pulled out the knife. Razouk sighed and looked on. Tabitha held it to Razouks face. It was fould with the blood of the innocent. She began to cut through his throat. Razouk felt nothing, but the sight of his own blood sent fear rushing through him. Razouk tried to scream but his jaw was clamped shut. He tried to move but his bones were locked in place. Tabitha carefully removed Razouks head and placed it on her shoulders. Razouk watched as his body slumped to the floor. Suddenly his overcoat shook and the head of Tabitha emerged. "Where is your family now Razouk?" it croaked. Razouk shivered. The window was open.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: The Frog Face
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:58 pm »

I like it... Very interesting and uh... Surreal. But I like it. :P