Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [RTD][Dreamer World] - Turn 3! Burning monsters and a Door!  (Read 5508 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

Its the time again! for another new rtd! since he last partnered arms failed horribly due to the absence of players and mass confusion i'd like to make a new one. This time it's about the magicals world of DREAMS!!!

You are the ones that can trespass the world of reality and dreams, you don't have  mission but you do have a goal. To free from your own everlasting dream that you are stuck in and return to the normal world. Your dreams may look like real life but don't let it fool you they may be mere obstacles of your darkers side of mind that want to hold you in your dream. However there is one flaw, if you freak out or become insane you may get stuck in here forever, and there will be scary things. Also dreamers you are all connected to the same dream, if you succeed to survive trough the dreams you get a grand wish, but if one dies there may be horrible consequences that affect all or only you. Now My dreamer Design your dream character

In this RTD, you have two action types; Free Actions and Standard Actions. You can perform as many Free Actions as you like (within reason) and there are no rolls involved; you just succeed (or fail if it's impossible). Free Actions include (but are not limited to) communicating, moving around, picking things up, dropping things and so on.

Standard Actions are the meat of RTD; you may perform one Standard Action per turn and they require a roll to see how well you do, the rolls are as follows;

0 - Epic Fail. You're probably dead, and you might have taken somone else with you. Only achievable with a penalty.
1 - Big Fail. That didn't work, and you just made things worse as well!
2 - Normal Fail. That didn't work, try again.
3 - Success! Just.
4 - Comfortable Success. You did what you wanted to and you learned a little bit in the process (+1 skillpoint).
5 - Great Success. Excellent! Not only did you succeed, but you did even better than you expected to! (+1 skillpoint)
6 - Incredible Success. You went above and beyond the call of duty and did something truely superhuman. The earth trembles at your approach. (+2 skillpoints)
7 - Epic Success. The laws of physics hold no power over you! The best possible outcome occurs, and you're loving it. (+2 skillpoints) Only achievable with a bonus.
8 - Overshot. Whoops, you went a wee bit too far. The result is definitely what you wanted to, but with some unintentional side-effects; like you targeted the enemy cultist and blew up the entire city. (+3 skillpoints) Only achievable with a big bonus.

Anything below 0 or above 8 is treated as a 0 or 8 respectively.

You can get bonuses from many sources, including magical buffs, skill training (see below), good equipment and random circumstance.

Skills are another part of RTD; Skills can be anything, if you focus on it you can become skilled in opening doors. There's no list of skills and the only way to see if you can learn a skill is to try it.

Skills have 12 levels, each level requires more XP than the previous level.

Dabbling - 1
Novice - 2 (+1 bonus if the die rolls a natural 1)
Competant - 4 (Static +1 to all rolls)
Skilled - 7 (Static +1 to all rolls, successes are improved.)
Adept - 11 (Static +1 to all rolls, extra +1 if the dice rolls a natural 1, successes are improved.)
Talented - 16 (Static +2 to all rolls, successes are improved)
Professional - 22 (Static +2 to all rolls, successes are greatly improved.)
Expert - 29 (You may choose to take a +1, +2 or +3 bonus to your rolls, successes are greatly improved.)
Master - 37 (You may choose to take a +1, +2 or +3 bonus to your rolls, successes are substantially improved.)
High Master - 46 (Static +3 bonus to all rolls, successes are substantially improved. You cannot Overshoot.)
Grand Master - 56 (Static +4 bonus to all rolls, successes are massively improved. You may choose to Overshoot, or not.)
Ledgendary - 75 (You choose which number you roll from 0 to 8.)

You get bonuses at different skill levels as well. Note that each bonus replaces any previous bonuses.

WEWNDS! Invariably you will meet people who are not very nice and who will try to hurt you, and whom you will try to hurt. You will be engaged in conflict and some of you will be hurt. These are the wound levels;

Lightly Wounded - Don't worry about it. You'll recover with a short rest and take no penalites. Just try not to get hit again.
Moderately Wounded - Ow. You take a -1 penalty to any rolls you make with this body part and may suffer some extra penalties if the part is important (like your brain). You'll heal after you take a fairly long rest.
Broken - Aaah! -2 penalty to any rolls made with this body part. Can only apply to brittle parts (like bones). Worse still, this will not heal by itself; you're going to need medical attention!
Mangled - Damaged beyond recognition. You'll be copping at least a -3 penalty to anything you try and use with this limb, and will probably be suffering a butt-ton of extra effects. Like Broken, this will not heal by itself.
Lopped Off - It's gone! Holy hell it's gone! You can't do anything that requires this part, and if it's an important part (like, say, your head) you are now dead. Worse still this cannot be healed by mundane means, and will require at least an Incredible success to fix!

There are also a number of status effects which may vary from time to time, i'll explain each effect when it turns up.

For Fighting, i first roll to see if you are successful in making your attack, the enemy then gets a roll to see if he dodges, if he doesn't, i make a third roll to see how much damage you do.
Oh and one thing there will be a insanity and Freak out bar which if reaches a certain piont will let things happen. The amount gained to the bar is also rolled with a d6 dice

Now you sign up by filling this in.
Name: Your name it's obvious right?
ONE skill that may help you in your dreams:
Bio(optional): not needed but can be added for a wider variety of text i can write out.

Belsly Hart (Faden)
Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)

Gunz Guy (Realmfighter)

Derek (Dermonster)

Ochita (Ochita)

Xsiff (Tylui)

The Drawbridge(Nuker W)

3.Dorten

1 thing if you want to be in the waiting list just say it don't make a character right away as i will have a hard time finding it.

The turns may take a while to write or will be out very fast, so dont get angry or anything its just that i don't have always time.

People that didn't post a turn will get a pm and if the player doesn't respond on thread and message he will be removed from the game and a new player will be let in.

If you happen to go on vacation or somewhere please just say it and i will do something about it like freeze your character ingame or something else.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:35:58 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD][Dreamer World] - (Sign ups! Taking 6 Players!)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

Name: Belsly Hart
ONE skill that may help you in your dreams: Flexible sense of self (Shapeshifting)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:30:32 pm by Faden »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 04:12:22 pm »

Name: GUNZ GUY
Skils: You know how in TTGL the main characters can to awesome shit and make drills out of no were and generally fuck physics? i do that with gunz.
Bio: Likes GUNZ. And CAPZ LOCKZ. And ZZZ`Z
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:40:55 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 04:25:51 pm »

Name: Derek
ONE skill that may help you in your dreams: Insomnia Can create, lead, and control undead and necrotic forces, magic and power.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 04:56:33 pm »

Ochita
Male
One skill: He can summon his persona Orpheus  in monents of exteme stress. So for example about to die. However he is still weak and summonig Orpheus takes alot of energy out of him.
Bio: When he was young mum died in his dreams by an army of shadow-like creatures. The shock of her face caused something to awaken inside him. When he looked up he saw this creature and with a strum of a lute, fire flared up and he woke up. Feeling really tired he walked to his moms bedroom to see that she wasn't there. He soon moved in with his uncle.

(totally copied persona >_>)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 05:09:11 pm »

Name: Xsiff
Skill: Fishing +1
Bio: Xsiff is a simple woman. She grew up in a small fishing village and at around 12 was taught how to fish off the shore. Shortly thereafter, her father began drinking a lot while Xsiff did the hard work, and eventually wound up cheating on his wife. Xsiff's mom kicked the drunken bastard out, and has since lived only with Xsiff. 16 years old now, Xsiff one day stopped working early and went to nap on her straw bed. She closed her eyes and drifted off, and here she has appeared in Jetsquirrel's dreamrealm.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:09:55 pm »

In.

Doctor McNinja
Male
Is a docter and a ninja. If that counts as two, then I choose the ability to summon and control an army of roasted turkeys that fire lasers.

Bio: Is a ninja and a doctor.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:53:16 pm »

In.

The "DrawBridge"
Male
Skill: The heavy manipulation of time past, present and future.
Bio:While his name is unknown, he is universeliy named as "Drawbridge", due to the fact..... well no one really knows. Is always quite, unlikely to talk more then a few words, and is known for standing still for large amounts of time

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »

Looks like it's already full...
Put me on the waiting list please.
Name: Jake Night
Skill: Ability of fire control at will.
Bio: A magician in real life, in a magical experiment that goes awry, he found himself trapped in his own dream, with others who he never met before.
P.S. This reminds me of a certain quest in ESIV:Oblivion...

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 01:03:36 am »

thatdream quest thingy where you could die from the mage guild. but i didn't have that in mind

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 01:08:00 am »

In.

Doctor McNinja
Male
Is a docter and a ninja. If that counts as two, then I choose the ability to summon and control an army of roasted turkeys that fire lasers.

Bio: Is a ninja and a doctor.

come on a bit more serious you get the time to make it better......

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 01:10:43 am »

Name: Derek
ONE skill that may help you in your dreams: Insomnia Can create, lead, and control undead and necrotic forces, magic and power.

isn't this like 2 or 3 abilites? Creating,Leading, controlling undead and even magic?

and gunz guy! i have no idea what you are talking about!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:13:27 am by Jetsquirrel »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD][Dreamer World] - (We are full!, sign up for the waiting list!)
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 01:12:22 am »

this looks different, i think il join the wait list

Name: Stan Q
Skill: Can Summon figment's of his immagination that can effect the dream world
Bio: In the real world, you will most often find him reading a book, or off in fairyland(daydreaming), so it is not unusual he find's himself in whatever setting you put us in
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD][Dreamer World] - (We are full!, sign up for the waiting list!)
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 01:16:32 am »

Name: Dorten (yay!)
Skill: Stupidly calm. (Insanity and freak outs are much less to happen)  :P
Bio: Works as a tech support for Microsoft. So what?

PS: I'm absent at weekends, so will not post at Saturdays and Sundays, sue me
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD][Dreamer World] - (We are full!1 Place left for waiting list!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 01:18:17 am »

k i can live with that
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5