Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

The "Stone Problem" Solution.

(1/4) > >>

Razzums:
I had this idea for quite a long time, a idea to fix the dreaded stone problem. If you don't know what I'm talking about I will explain. Every time you mine into rock wall you get rewarded with stone. Stone is a great thing, but when your fortress has stone lying every where, it gets quite annoying. To fix this problem we must not lessen the chance of getting stone, but to make 2 different types of digging.
These are...d-d Conserve stone Mine: Same old mining that we known through out the ages. The miner conserves the stone when digging into a wall.d-D Remove stone Mine: This form of mining will take longer to do but the miner will destroy the stone after he clears the wall. If you need me to elaborate just ask. Otherwise, what do you think?

helium:
What? Removing excavating would be too unrealistic, would the miner grind the stone into dust and snort it or what?

penguinofhonor:

Razzums:
quote:Originally posted by helium:
<STRONG>What? Removing excavating would be too unrealistic, would the miner grind the stone into dust and snort it or what?</STRONG>Well a unexperienced miner has a lesser chance of getting stone, I had a new miner clear a room with out getting any stone... But a legendary miner has almost a 100% of getting a stone drop.

Inquisitor Saturn:
I'm one of those who deliberately seeks out locations with several layers of sand, silt, and clay, just to avoid having too much stone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version