Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Military dwarves - loser dwarves  (Read 2340 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Military dwarves - loser dwarves
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 06:48:19 pm »

Dogs teeth are indeed made of teeth materiel.  As it should be.  However, teeth, nails, and such are basically identical to skin in all the values that matter for anything.  So while they are biting with teeth, those teeth are basically glorified skin.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 06:56:08 pm »

Enough of them will get through. Thats the whole point, not one dog, piles and piles of dogs. They will shred anything, eventually. Even forgotten beasts.

Also, it may perhaps help that I do play with a nudist mod. No clothes for anyone. Armor is fine, but no clothes. I just hate the random xXpig tail sockXx laying around in the dining room. Clothes do function like armor in this version. In theory, adamantine clothes would make a dwarf nearly invincible, particularly if he were also wearing adamantine armor on top of that.

mkavanagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 11:19:50 am »

My combat logs for my war animals are full of war grizzlies being continuously (without any observed exception) deflected by silk clothing, so I think that is somewhat more than a "perhaps".

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »

Yea even clothing is an impenetrable barrier to bites and claws.  Even after I buffed teeth materiel my dogs still can't penetrate even rope reed clothing.  Really the best you can hope for natural weapons to do against a armored, or even clothed opponent is hope to send enough at them to over exert their victim.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

mkavanagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 03:13:04 pm »

Reports from other people suggest that after buffing the tooth material most attacks glance away rather than being deflected. I remember some stuff in the dev log about needing to penetrate layers and glancing shots going through eg only the skin rather than the heart (why marksdwarves aren't as pwnmobile any more) - maybe that applies to armor too and teeth just aren't long enough to get through clothes? Haven't checked the BT or anything so just speculation here.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »

Sounds like a bug with clothes and materials.

With a naked mod that has modded clothes out to tidy up the fortress, animals are quite formidable opponents using just their natural weapons. Skeletal cave crocodiles will cause you much pain.
Pages: 1 [2]