Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want to capture live Giant Eagles  (Read 1850 times)

CunningAllusionment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I want to capture live Giant Eagles
« on: June 02, 2010, 04:43:37 pm »

I tried chaining kittens in little huts with one entrance guarded by a cage trap, but so far the giant eagles have just flown around and ignored them.  i'd have thought that kittens would tempt giant eagles.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I want to capture live Giant Eagles
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »

Raised columns with kitten bones and dog skulls arranged in the correct idolotricate should cause an allergic reaction in the Eagle causing it to beg for mercy in the form of willingly jumping into your cages.

Okay thats rubbish but you get the idea, more cages at more Z levels above and sooner or later you should have a higher chance of it just cruisin' in.
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:09:12 pm »

Raised columns with kitten bones and dog skulls arranged in the correct idolotricate should cause an allergic reaction in the Eagle causing it to beg for mercy in the form of willingly jumping into your cages.

Okay thats rubbish but you get the idea, more cages at more Z levels above and sooner or later you should have a higher chance of it just cruisin' in.

i'm with thor here... scafolding towers with 1 square floor spiral for cage traps is likely your best bet.

Remember when laying traps, every trap is another chance.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »

Remember when laying traps, every trap is another chance.

I caught one by accident.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 10:38:47 pm »

Alternatively you can buy steal them from the elves, once they leave you kill them all, they become yours.

The elves usually bring me one every couple of caravans.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 06:45:45 am »

Use stone fall traps mixed in with cage traps.

They will trigger the stone fall ones but not the cages at first.  If they get hit by a stone it will knock them out of the air, into the cages.  I've yet to kill a eagle with this method but it normally breaks some bones or at the very least does some tissue damage but they heal up.

I would imagine a water fall would have the same effect but not sure about that one, as I've not tried it.