Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug with Fey Moods?  (Read 1117 times)

cp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bug with Fey Moods?
« on: August 21, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »

I'm beginning to suspect that there may have been a bug introduced in either 19c or 19d.
Earlier today I had one of my Craftsdwarves get taken by a Strange Mood.  However, instead of claiming a workshop, he stood in place and did nothing at all.  The skills he had were:  Glass, Wood, Leather, Stone, Herbalism, Mason, Grower, Weaver.

I thought the problem may have been a lack of a proper workshop, despite having almost all of them.  In the end, I was only lacking three: an Alchemy Lab, a Lava Forge, and a Lava Smelter.  It should be noted that I had not yet found the Chasm at this point.
He continued to do nothing until melancholy took him.

Just now I received a report from another player in our IRC channel(#df on zirc.org) that he had a Carpenter do the exact same thing.  Get into a Strange Mood and then stand still, not actually claiming a workshop and eventually going mad with melancholy.

Could someone else verify or back up this claim or explain what is going on?

The_Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with Fey Moods?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »

Well, to the converse, I've had a peasant who was a dabbling mason make an artifact limestone door under 19d, so it's not totally broken.

Arcanum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 06:43:00 pm »

I had a craftsdwarf "withdraw from society" and then just stand there until he went into a melancholy mood and finally died of thirst.

In the same game, I just had a carpenter "withdraw from society", claim a carpentry shop, start work, then go berzerk and start killing people.  He just wiped out about a third of my population, a bunch of animals, and send several people who were on the edge into tantrum.  He just ran into a bedroom, where I'm going to lock him until he starves.

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:00:00 pm »

I had a miner/dabbling mason go into a mood and run off to a mason's workshop with the unit of moonstone he was carrying when he was possessed. he immediately started working on something and the Q screen had him muttering the name of an artifact. he kept working on it for 2-3 months until he went berserk, punched a horse, and was kicked to death.

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 03:14:00 am »

I had a Craftsdwarf withdraw from society, claim a Clothmaker's workshop, garb few things (rough diamond, silk thread, malachite, wood IIRC)... He seemed to want "bars of shining metal". That winter, I found Gold, and made bars. Then I found Iron and Platinum and decided to use the manager to do 1 Iron and 1 Platinum bar at highest priority, and then few bars of all three at lower priority. When the Craftdwarf went berserk for not getting his shiny metal, I had gotten some gold bars but none of the other two.
He only killed cats, despite my two "on duty" soldiers leaving to eat and drink from the room where the madman was chasing a Mason around. Luckily the two more lucky artifact makers were around. They weren't skilled wrestlers, but with their stat bonuses...

Head of X, craftsdwarf
Corpse of X, craftsdwarf
 :eek:

Janne )`*