Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Your Very Own Planet  (Read 6814 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Your Very Own Planet
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:27:38 pm »

One day, you are sitting at home, browsing internet forums, when you hear a faint knock on the door. You ponder, for a moment, what this could be, before slowly rising out of your chair and limbering up for a trip downstairs. You step down the staircase and find yourself at the front door. "Oh no!" you think, as you realise that you haven't got your keys with you. You rush back upstairs, determined not to keep your visitor waiting, and grab your keys before flinging yourself down the stairs and into the door. You fumble with the keys and finally push them into the lock before swinging the door open.

Standing before you is a man in a white shirt and blue shorts, donning a red bag and a cap as well. You stare at him for an awkward moment before finally realising that he must be the postman! You peer down at the parcel he is carrying, a rather large brown package that has something scribbled down the side of it. You snatch the package off the man, uttering a quick "Thank you." and slamming the door in his face. Eager to find out what is in the package you carry the 1'x1' brown box to your room and place it on your over crowded desk. You glance at the writing on the side; "Handle with care; very important" it says. You wonder, "What could this be?" for a while before aqcuiring a knife from your pocket and mutilating the wrapping of this object.

Once all the wrapping is shredded to small pieces you gaze at the slightly smaller black box before you. It is a plain and simple black box, with a black lid and black sides, upon inspecting the underneath you find that that too, is black. You carefully remove the rather black lid and take a peek inside, full of intrigue. Inside appears to a blackness, a place devoid of all light, and you pause for a moment. Then, *BLAM!*. Something flies out of it and hits you in the face, apparantly blinding you! You roll around on the floor for a moment, before grasping your face with your hand to find that it is actually a now crumpled piece of paper.

You promptly read through the introduction, ignoring the grammar mistakes and get up from the floor. You stare at the blackness, contemplating whether or not you should say the phrase mentioned. It wouldn't hurt. There's no way it could. Could it? No, of course it couldn't. It probably wouldn't even work if you did. Besides, it's obviously really old, so it's probably broken. Or maybe it's a practical joke being played on me.

"RESET WORLD!"

There is a small flash of light, and nothing happens. "There we go, it was broken.", you think. You fall back into your chair, adimitedly slightly dissapointed. While you are engrossed in your computer you don't notice the small brown sphere growing inside the blackness, and before long it is almost a large as the box itself. You urn to look at the box and are slilghtly shocked to see that a brown blob has formed inside it. You proceed to ponder what to do.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Very Own Planet
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 02:31:13 pm »

Draw a line across the surface of the planet so it goes around it fully, then say 'create water' until this 'canyon' is filled.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:41:38 pm »

You gently press your finger into the planet and spin the planet around 360 degrees. You then shout, rather loudly, "Create water in the canyon.".

The canyon is filled with water

After doing this you notice that another piece of paper pops out of the blackness. It floats driectly into your open palm for your reading. You gaze at it for a while, before deciding to slowly read it.

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »

"Fill water with fishy life!"
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:44:44 pm »

You shout, "Fill water with fishy life!". You don't see anything happen, but then realise that you are looking at it from a ridiculous distance away. You close your eyes and fly around the barren landscape before seeing the ring in the distance. Upon reaching this ring you dive into it, and notice vlusters of beautiful fish swimming happily throughout it.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 03:47:50 pm »

Create a mountain range bordering the canyon on one side.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 03:59:30 pm »

"Create supercomputers and interface."

This thing is powerful, now that you have seen it works it's time to stop treating it like a toy. This thing could create immense amounts of suffering or value.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 04:01:16 pm »

"One percent of all fish are now sentient I say!"
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

You pinch the land in various places around the canyon, creating a massive mountain range. After doing this you notice a picture form on the card that is in your hand.

You then say, "Create supercomputers and interface.". You wait a while before realising that there are no sentient beings to use them.

You think for a short while, before saying, "One percent of all fish are now sentient, I say!". Looking around with your mind's eye shows that it is quite evident that a species of fish has become sentient, as they start to use tools and the like.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 04:10:47 pm »

Ruffle the upper and lower hemispheres with your hands to create some interesting terrain.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »

Make polar icey regions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 04:20:45 pm »

Make polar icey regions.
On the east and west poles.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 04:22:05 pm »

unless this character is supposed to be 5 years old and/or severely mentally ill and/or a Complete Monster, you are all being facepalmingly put of character. Seriously, would you act like this rather than alerting authorities or making billions of inventions made by the inhabitants of the planet if something like this happened in real life?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 04:24:42 pm »

YOU wanted to make super computers at the start. Let us build it and then we can have them rebel against you like in the simpsons. Dig A sea with continents
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 04:25:16 pm »

unless this character is supposed to be 5 years old and/or severely mentally ill and/or a Complete Monster, you are all being facepalmingly put of character. Seriously, would you act like this rather than alerting authorities or making billions of inventions made by the inhabitants of the planet if something like this happened in real life?
It's called a better story game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4