Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Awesome Hero Game!  (Read 7119 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Hero Game!
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2010, 08:08:48 am »

Also, how can we not know how our telephaty works? Given our intelligence it should be really obvious...
Why would it be obvious? It's like trying to determine how your body works without having anything to dissect. We couldn't know any more than a smart caveman could understand how the brain functions.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2010, 09:35:22 am »

go in say yello ask what he is  doing and say that were the new guy with super powers but that we are not sure if were a villain or a hero
You head inside the building and take a look around for a mad scientist. Before you is a white room with a door on one side and a computer on the other.

go in say yello ask what he is  doing and say that were the new guy with super powers but that we are not sure if were a villain or a hero
This

Also, how can we not know how our telephaty works? Given our intelligence it should be really obvious...
You haven't got any physical things to test, that makes it incredibly hard to find out how your telepathy works.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2010, 10:09:00 am »

cheak coputer out if encrypted use int to decipher
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2010, 12:05:41 pm »

Why would it be obvious? It's like trying to determine how your body works without having anything to dissect. We couldn't know any more than a smart caveman could understand how the brain functions.
Umm, no. Given how brains work in general there are only so many ways that it COULD work, it's more like figuring out what spectrum your eyes work in given extensive knowledge of the relevant physics. By observing stuff like range, what parts of the brain we affect, if we can sense other electrical curents or neurons, and other things we'd have observed throughout normal use we can narrow it down to one possibility easily. Seriusly, there are only 3 eall ways it could work anyway:

Electrically, in wich case we can vaguely sense electronics and such.
Chemically, in which case we'd notice some non-neuron cells as well.
Through a metaphysical soul, in winch case a) this RP sucks, and b) we can probably contact the dead or something like that.

There are some more exotic possibilities, but hose don't really matter.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:25 pm »

Armok, accept it. We are not going to find out how our powers work No. Matter. What
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:52 pm »

Through a metaphysical soul, in winch case a) this RP sucks, and b) we can probably contact the dead or something like that.

Such as D: It's magic. Not all forum games have to follow normal physics. Not to mention this game is clearly not serious. I mean our goal is be an awesome hero who does awesome things. That setting does not require perfect real-world physics.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2010, 04:16:10 pm »

cheak coputer out if encrypted use int to decipher
You move over to the computer and press the on button. There is a short hum and it buzzes to life. Some writing appears on the screen.

Code: [Select]
Welcome to my lair.
The doors are now locked.
Please continue through the door.
Umm, no. Given how brains work in general there are only so many ways that it COULD work, it's more like figuring out what spectrum your eyes work in given extensive knowledge of the relevant physics. By observing stuff like range, what parts of the brain we affect, if we can sense other electrical curents or neurons, and other things we'd have observed throughout normal use we can narrow it down to one possibility easily. Seriusly, there are only 3 eall ways it could work anyway:

OOC: It's magic, there is no expanation.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2010, 06:21:47 pm »

Pick lock using telepathy.
Walk through other door.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]