Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Surgery

(1/3) > >>

Supercharazad:
Does it ever end? I've had an injured soldier in surgery for over a year now, will it finish? He had 3 broken bones, 2 need surgery, neither have been finished, all 3 need setting, have compound fractures, need surtures and need dressing.

Milskidasith:
Surgery is broken ATM. Just unbuild the bed the soldier is on and he should be fine (by which I mean permanently injured, possibly lowering his skill, and possibly having infection do something later).

Speaking of which, do infections do anything? My militia commander has been infected for two years and no ill signs have appeared.

Robocorn:
That sounds about right if your doctors never got around to actually treating the dwarf.

If they sewed up the dwarf with some pigtail fiber, supported them in a traction bench to keep the body still, had some splints to set the bone and had some fresh plaster from a kiln made from gypsum, then maybe you could have a dwarf crutch walking around your fortress.

What I'm saying is you need to have the materials and the dwarves with the professions ready to perform the surgeries or else the patient will have to heal the old fashioned way. By waiting.

Even then the healthcare seems kinda glitchy so you've gotta prepare for anything.

Infections kill you at some point randomly in the future.

Supercharazad:

--- Quote from: Milskidasith on May 30, 2010, 02:35:48 pm ---Surgery is broken ATM. Just unbuild the bed the soldier is on and he should be fine (by which I mean permanently injured, possibly lowering his skill, and possibly having infection do something later).

Speaking of which, do infections do anything? My militia commander has been infected for two years and no ill signs have appeared.

--- End quote ---

It eventually causes paleness then "Urist McInfected has succumbed to infection!"

Supercharazad:

--- Quote from: Robocorn on May 30, 2010, 02:39:39 pm ---That sounds about right if your doctors never got around to actually treating the dwarf.

If they sewed up the dwarf with some pigtail fiber, supported them in a traction bench to keep the body still, had some splints to set the bone and had some fresh plaster from a kiln made from gypsum, then maybe you could have a dwarf crutch walking around your fortress.

What I'm saying is you need to have the materials and the dwarves with the professions ready to perform the surgeries or else the patient will have to heal the old fashioned way. By waiting.

Even then the healthcare seems kinda glitchy so you've gotta prepare for anything.

Infections kill you at some point randomly in the future.

--- End quote ---

I forgot to mention, there is a dwarf treting him and that dwarf is actually gaining surgeon skills

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version