Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: "Project Zero" - Spritists needed  (Read 8965 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Project0 - Spritists needed
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »

Awesome, you work really fast.

Here's how the cola machines look.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »

Alright, here's a jukebox. I'm not sure how animating them works, but the first two are the same thing except the lights are moving, so if you can alternate them it might look good. The third's just a ruined one.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 11:53:58 pm »

I can animate as many frames as I want. Thank you very much!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 11:58:49 pm »

Been watching this, and well...
I haven't pixeled in years, so I figured I slowly work up to my old skill level. Starting with a can, and a stack of cans, unlabeled, of course.

Super intense action!
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 12:01:22 am »

Yeah, the stuff I posted here is pretty much the only stuff I've ever done other than my avatar (which was basically just drawn on top of a picture from Google). I've wanted to get some practice and actually get good at it so I might keep contributing once I have time in a couple days.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 12:01:45 am »

Unlabeled cans? Dangeeeroooos :P. Cool.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 02:42:04 am »

Awesome stuff, man. And fits Cola vending machine with its color scheme.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 03:52:06 am »

I'll give it a go when I'm feeling bored some time soon :) not promising I'll actually get anything done but I'll try.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 07:45:15 am »

Could you show us all the characters poses in all directions so we could like,make clothes and shiz?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 08:23:00 am »

Awesome stuff, man. And fits Cola vending machine with its color scheme.
Cool, glad it fits. I realized I forgot to give it any depth as I was falling asleep last night, but it looks good with the fixes you made!

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 08:43:05 am »

How easy is it to get started making something in BYOND? I remember downloading the player client a long time ago and trying it out and recall it being a piece of crap so I was turned off of even touching the SDK.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 09:58:48 am »

I can't make decent sprites to save my life, but I figured I'd pop in and comment anyways...  looks awesome!  The style almost reminds me of the original Fallout, not quite, but somehow....

@Davion - That would depend on what kind of game you want to make....  MUDs, grid-based RPGs, board games, and a couple other things work fairly well, where as games that require more precise movement, such as racing games or action/shooters are incredibly difficult to make, since the engine wasn't designed for that (although I have seen it done...)
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 04:38:40 pm »

Alright, I had some time to kill so I made a robot and some black stuff. Not sure if this is what you wanted as far as robots go, but it's a short-ish kind of cute robot. I also broke it into some pieces and made a sitting (sort of...) one. The black stuff might be oil, I'm not really sure, I just made a puddle of black stuff.

black stuff
headless robot
healthy robot
healthy robot (with filled in arms/legs)
powered down robot
robot head
sitting robot (powered on)
robot torso/arms
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:41:45 pm by Bluerobin427 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 04:50:40 pm »

Could you show us all the characters poses in all directions so we could like,make clothes and shiz?
Oh, if you volunteer for CLOTHES, it would be awesome.
I will be back in the morning (2 AM here, it's been a busy day) and give you all needed files which you can tweak (like bottles, characters, tables, walls etc.).

Bluerobin:
This robot needs outline to appear a bit "thicker" as other characters, I will make it. Awesome job. He can be a civillian NPC robot (like mr. Handy in fallout). I think I will give him blue eyes which turn red when he is attacked. Grrreeat. Sorry for the lack of input today, I've been really busy IRL :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »

I want to make clothes too...
Also:

3 different frames for tails... woo~

Also have a good/Hope you had a good night.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6