Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: "Project Zero" - Spritists needed  (Read 8975 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Project Zero" - Spritists needed
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 08:03:02 pm »

I don't really know.
I haven't worked on it, but last I tried I couldn't set the sound x,y,z because it was a 'duplicate of a hard-coded variable'
:-/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »

Perhaps make it so you cant mine through concrete? Would also solve problem of underground person mining under city where secret undergound zombie production labssewers may be.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2010, 01:36:29 pm »

Well, let me make a basic RPG out of it first, then add crafting, and only then add terraforming :).

Any terrain sprites?

I've managed to make moving and targeting rats which switch targets to whoever is the closest. Yay. It may be not too much for all you folks fed up with games (like me :P) but it's a major achievement for a man who programs a game for the first time :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 02:13:26 pm »

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_a0X5jhPFU

Wait a bit, the video is still being processing, it will improve its quality when it's done.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:33 am »

Hey, Deon!

Just posting to keep track. :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 03:21:26 am »

Good. I have my last exam soon so I try to have AT LEAST some minor time to study :P, but I think I know which path will I take. Right now I can draw lots of sprites and do other stuff like that, but it won't add something interesting to do for a long of time...

So, playing Rogue Survivor lately, I've decided to make it into a zombie survival first. I mean all players will be spawned into a big city full of ghouls and then you will have to move out into the wastes or stand and fight in the city if you want. It requires me to recode pathfinding though to make ghouls to bash doors and furniture, but I think I know how to do it and I will code it soon.

This way the game at least will have something to do :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 12:47:39 pm »

What do you use for pixel art drawing? I want to help but have no idea how to draw pixel art...
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 12:58:35 pm »

Well I know your not asking me, but I use MS paint. I used to used PS though, and I was much better at it. To bad I lost my pirated copy...
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010, 02:22:11 pm »

Do you want a link? Jk :). I usually use photoshop because it allows to draw on transparent backgrounds, for free programs I would recommend Paint.Net, it allows the same.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010, 02:29:14 pm »

Gimp is your friend.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:35 pm »

I go with GraphicsGale for pixel stuff. I don't usually use a new tool if I have one that'll work, but it just does the job really well. The website's in Japanese (until you find the English link, which isn't hard) but here's a download link: Link. I found it through some pixel art tutorials so if you want to figure out everything it can do there should be a tutorial or wiki available.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]