Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Break Out- Evolution  (Read 3570 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Break Out- Evolution
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 11:26:58 pm »

Well, its now a waterworld all right. The land will be barren aside from bacteria and later algae for some time anyhow.

>Decrease the methane somewhat.
>START CELL TEMPLATE!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:30:00 pm by smjjames »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 11:29:25 pm »

I assumed we were playing some strange kind of brickbreaker game. Am disappoint. But this thread looks pretty neat. I'll be watching you.
This
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

Just wondering, is the land going to change over time due to plate tectonics, mountain building, and volcanism? I know we stopped our terraforming though, but it doesn't neccesarily mean that the landforms will be static.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 11:36:14 pm »

Just wondering, is the land going to change over time due to plate tectonics, mountain building, and volcanism? I know we stopped our terraforming though, but it doesn't neccesarily mean that the landforms will be static.
Land forms will change very slowly, but even with all the fast forwarding it didn't really show up due to the planet essentially being a big blob beforehand.

And terraforming doesn't stop until enough people agree to start editing the cell itself. Which hasn't happened yet. Though I think some other competition might appear if you guys don't get a move on...

True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 12:00:02 am »

Atmosphere is 20% Oxygen, 25% Water vapor, 5% Methane, 3% Ozone, 1% Carbon Dioxide, 1% Argon, 1% Trace gases and vapors
We seem to be missing a large percent... I decreased methane to below a percent as well. Should be something like:
Code: [Select]
Atmosphere is 51% Nitrogen, 20% Oxygen, 25% Water Vapor, 3% Ozone 1% Carbon Dioxide, 1% Argon, 1% Trace gases and vapors.
>Update Atmosphere
>Modify Atmosphere
-Decrease Carbon Dioxide levels to 0.5 percent (should cool it down a little bit)
>Edit Cell Template
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:03:38 am by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 12:03:50 am »

Atmosphere is 20% Oxygen, 25% Water vapor, 5% Methane, 3% Ozone, 1% Carbon Dioxide, 1% Argon, 1% Trace gases and vapors
We seem to be missing a large percent...

>Update Atmosphere
>Modify Atmosphere
-Decrease Carbon Dioxide levels to 0.5 percent (should cool it down a little bit)
>Edit Cell Template

Yea, we're missing the nitrogen. Also, methane is a major greenhouse gas (even more potent than carbon dioxide I believe), the methane is having a big effect there, but it wouldn't hurt to lower the mean temp a bit. The water vapor could also have an effect, not sure what Rotten is using for his calculations, but eh.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:05:33 am by smjjames »
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 12:05:46 am »

We seem to be missing a large percent...

>Update Atmosphere
>Modify Atmosphere
>Edit Cell Template

Yea, we're missing the nitrogen. Also, methane is a major greenhouse gas (even more potent than carbon dioxide I believe), the methane is having a big effect there, but it wouldn't hurt to lower the mean temp a bit.
I fixed it. All OP has to do is copy pasta.
Hey, look what I did!

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 12:26:05 am »

*sneakily edits in nitrogen...*
Also, my calculations are kind of guesstimating. You can pipe up if I mess up.
> You decrease the amount of carbon dioxide.
>You decrease the amount of methane
> You begin editing the cell

Current Status:
Controlling Planet 1
Atmosphere is 60% Nitrogen 15% Oxygen, 15% Water vapor, 3% Methane, 3% Ozone, 1% Argon, 0.5% Carbon Dioxide, 2.5% Trace gases and vapors
Terrain is 80% Ocean (60% shallow and 20% a deeper trench), 19% Land (70% dirt, 20% rocky wasteland, 10% mountains), 1% Volcanoes
Mean Surface Temperature is 27 degrees C (80 degrees F)
Star is a yellow star and has an expected lifetime of 7 billion years
Planet will also be warmed from radioactive materials in the core for another 13 billion years

Controlled Organisms
Cell1- can be renamed
Prokaryote (DNA in cytoplasm)
Cell membrane
---------------------------
You currently have 10/10 energy
You currently have 50 space
You currently consume 3 energy every turn
---------------------------
3/3 hp
Size 1
1 organism in species

Shop-parts will get better when they are upgraded
Cell Wall-3 en- 0 space-increases hp but decreases the amount of energy you consume from meals
Vacuole-5 en- 10 space- increases the amount of energy you can store, but attracts smaller cells to steal from it
Flagella- 5 en- 0 space- allows you to control your direction, but is weak in combat, has it's own hp
Eyespot- 6 en- 1 space- allows you to discern light and dark, but if damaged is useless until it heals, has its own hp
Nucleus-10 en- 10 space- increases cell efficiency, you use 1 less energy per turn, but is a central weak spot for small attackers
Mitochondria- 10 en-20 space-multiplies all energy gathered in a turn by 2

Other Life
There are a few different types of other small cells
There are somewhat larger cells that won't attack
There are a few large predator cells
There are some emerging cell colonies that will eventually be the first multicellular life

Console Commands:
> Float around absorbing energy
(you'll need to buy a flagella before you can do anything else really)
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 12:31:18 am »

>Shop
-Buy Flagella
>Attack/Eat/Absorb small cell
Hey, look what I did!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 12:48:57 am »

> Shop
- Buy Nucleus
> Rename: Cell1 -> Titius Parvus
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:55:39 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 12:50:20 am »

> Shop
- But Nucleus
> Rename: Cell1 -> Titius Parvus
Dude, nucleus would cost ALL of our energy, THEN we'd still have two left over to pay because we'd consume it!

>:(

EDIT: I also say we name it Urist McSinglecell... But that's just me...
Hey, look what I did!

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 12:51:59 am »

Well, I'll update tomorrow I guess once a few more people have posted.
Also, you need to save 3 energy to eat next turn or hope you get lucky while floating around (you can buy something and perform an action in the same turn)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:24 am »

I vote for getting lucky!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 12:59:16 am »

> This: Mitochondria- 10 en-20 space-multiplies all energy gathered in a turn by 2

It'll greatly benefit us in the long run.

Edit: Actually, I'll go with Anus of Discontents choice, given the fact that we need to increase food storage first really. Also, aren't there some algae cells floating around somewhere? Maybe eat those.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:02:26 am by smjjames »
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 01:09:53 am »

> This: Mitochondria- 10 en-20 space-multiplies all energy gathered in a turn by 2

It'll greatly benefit us in the long run.

Edit: Actually, I'll go with Anus of Discontents choice, given the fact that we need to increase food storage first really. Also, aren't there some algae cells floating around somewhere? Maybe eat those.

Mitochondria would cost us all of our energy too... Flagella is the only way to go!

Urist McSinglecell MUST HAVE FOOD!

I say we use the following upgrade tree...

Flagella > Vacuole > Mitochondria > Nucleus

This way we get movement and can attack, then we can hold more energy, then with our extra stored energy we can afford a mitochondria which will get us lots of energy quickly, leading us to getting a nucleus really fast. Instant win.
Hey, look what I did!
Pages: 1 [2] 3