Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Break Out- Evolution  (Read 3567 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Break Out- Evolution
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 01:17:19 am »

Makes sense to me. We could switch the flagella with the vacoule, unless we don't want to spend the next few turns trying to photosynthesize.
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 01:21:00 am »

Makes sense to me. We could switch the flagella with the vacoule, unless we don't want to spend the next few turns trying to photosynthesize.
The only reason I say flagella now is to be able to move and attack. Right now, we're defenseless, we can't run or fight. I think once we have a flagella, we can eat some other organisms and get energy more quickly.
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 01:23:53 am »

The only reason I say flagella now is to be able to move and attack. Right now, we're defenseless, we can't run or fight. I think once we have a flagella, we can eat some other organisms and get energy more quickly.

I don't want to spend the next few turns trying to photosynthesize anyway.

Edit: You know, we completely forgot something, a moon, maybe two. Too late now though, unless the OP doesn't mind just making the moons pop into existence.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:29:30 am by smjjames »

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »

>You buy a flagella
> You test out your new flagella by jetting around until you bump into a large group. You swim in to it and find it is composed of several photosynthesizing cells. You absorb some of them and refill your energy partially, but consume some of this to keep going.

Current Status:
Controlling Planet 1
Atmosphere is 60% Nitrogen 15% Oxygen, 15% Water vapor, 3% Methane, 3% Ozone, 1% Argon, 0.5% Carbon Dioxide, 2.5% Trace gases and vapors
Terrain is 80% Ocean (60% shallow and 20% a deeper trench), 19% Land (70% dirt, 20% rocky wasteland, 10% mountains), 1% Volcanoes
Mean Surface Temperature is 27 degrees C (80 degrees F)
Star is a yellow star and has an expected lifetime of 7 billion years
Planet will also be warmed from radioactive materials in the core for another 13 billion years

Controlled Organisms
Cell1- can be renamed
Prokaryote (DNA in cytoplasm)
Cell membrane
Flagella
---------------------------
You currently have 6/10 energy
You currently have 50 space
You currently consume 3 energy every turn
Speed is currently 1/1 (speed increases with upgrades)
---------------------------
3/3 hp
1/1 flagellum health
Size 1
1 organism in species

Shop-parts will get better when they are upgraded
Cell Wall-3 en- 0 space-increases hp but decreases the amount of energy you consume from meals
Vacuole-5 en- 10 space- increases the amount of energy you can store, but attracts smaller cells to steal from it
Eyespot- 6 en- 1 space- allows you to discern light and dark, but if damaged is useless until it heals, has its own hp
Nucleus-10 en- 10 space- increases cell efficiency, you use 1 less energy per turn, but is a central weak spot for small attackers
Mitochondria- 10 en-20 space-multiplies all energy gathered in a turn by 2
Cholorplasts- 15 en- 15 space- gathers 2 energy per round that you are in sunlight
Increase size- 25 en- -50 space- increases your size allowing for more and larger upgrades

Other Life
There are small photosynthesizing cells
There are a few different types of other small cells
There are somewhat larger cells that won't attack
There are a few large predator cells
There are some emerging cell colonies that will eventually be the first multicellular life

Console Commands:
> Swim around and explore
> Chase the remaining cells and eat more
> Float around and absorb energy
> Fast forward

( I would suggest that you guys get a nucleus sometime soon, as that opens up a lot of upgrades, as well as eyes of some sort)
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 05:09:33 pm »

>Float around and absorb energy
>Store
-Buy Nucleus
Hey, look what I did!

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 05:53:28 pm »

>Store
-Buy Vacuole(so can buy higher upgrades)
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 06:09:24 pm »

>Store
-Buy Vacuole(so can buy higher upgrades)
We already have a vacuole >.<

Besides, the GM suggested we do something. Not doing it seems pretty dumb to me...
Hey, look what I did!
Pages: 1 2 [3]