Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unit screen  (Read 766 times)

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unit screen
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:11:00 pm »

I went back through all 10 pages looking for topic titles that might relate to this and didn't see any, though I did see some that said the interface was pretty much on the back burner for now, but I want to suggest this anyway (if it hasn't been suggested already; sorry if it has). I'd really like it if the nit screen was more useful: For example, you could hit [tab] and the part that shows their current task would change to the skill list for the highlighted dwarf, hit [tab] again and you can see their labor settings, then [tab] again back to current task. This would make it much easier to make changes to multiple dwarfs (especially during an immigration wave).
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Re: Unit screen
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:13:00 am »

Good ideas.  While we're tweaking the lists, a very simple zoom-cre on the military screen would be very welcome. =)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »

Oh yes, that as well. Sometimes I forget I'm on the military screen and can't figure out why I'm not zooming to the dwarf  :D
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:57:00 pm »

There also needs to be a way to jump back to the 'u'nit screen easily after you have 'z'oomed to a dwarf and made some changes, so you don't have to scroll back through every time when making changes to multiple dwarves.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:47:00 pm »

Well, I was thinking you could make the changes on the unit screen itself. This post reminded me that I forgot to mention the other screens that I'd like to be able to [tab] to: the unit's [w]ound screen and another that tells you their happiness (instead of having to go down the list doing [v][z][enter]). I'll have to mock up some example "screenshots" when I get time.