Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Trading issues.

(1/2) > >>

Cheezemansam:
I am unable to trade with the dwarf caravan. I build an accessible trading depot (they have unload their goods), all my goods are at the depot, and have a broker chosen. This is my third game now and the caravan has left every single time without the broker going to the trade depot. The liason talks to me, but the broker just friggen sits there with "No Job" for 3 months and *%#@!%*. How do I fix this?

CppThis:
Make sure the broker can access the depot (does he have any active burrow restrictions?), and that you rememered to request him at the depot once the traders start unloading.  He will only go there when you specifically tell him to.  I think it's default but also be sure the depot is set to 'only broker may trade' to raise his skills--you'll get better deals and broker must be at least novice appraiser to see item values.  Being a dorf he may sit around and drink for a while, but should eventually make his way up.

Cheezemansam:
How do I request him specifically? The only options I see at the depot are:

g: Move Goods to/from Depot
t: trade (grey)

r: (no trader needed)
b: (broker only)

Broker:
~
No Job
Can Acess Depot

x: Remove Building
ESC: Done

immibis:
Press r. Then "no trader needed" will change to "broker requested" or something like that.

DuckBoy:
Erk... Hit r  and the (no trader needed) will become a trader needed, and your broker should go trade :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version