Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

No such thing as plate mail

(1/14) > >>

curseman:
I realize this is really nitpicky but... plate mail is a misnomer.  "Maille" is something made of small, linked metal rings.  Plate is a solid sheet of something.  It's a contradiction.  I'd much prefer it if it were written in DF as plate armor or something to that effect instead.Again, I know it's just nitpicking over a small detail, and it probably looks bad to have this as a first post, but it's just one of those things that bother me, and it happens all the time.With that said though, Dwarf Fortress is a really impressive game, and I have to commend the author on his dedication and creativity he's shown in making it.

Puzzlemaker:
Unless you have plate armor over mail under-armor, which was a common practice.Edit:  Or   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plated_mail [ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Puzzlemaker ][ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Puzzlemaker ]

Impending Doom:
Technically, the type of armor used by the ancient Chinese is closer to a type of plate mail. It's basically a bunch of small, one inch square plates held together by rings in the corners.EDIT: Puzzle beat me to it.[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Kagus:
Hell, when I joined another game forum a while back, my first act was to PM the dev team informing them that one of the weapons in their game(mod) was mislabeled as a "bearded axe", when it was a wedge axe.Not that they did anything, of course, but you're not the only one to make a nitpicky correction as a first forum act.
In addition, welcome to DF and its forums!  Enjoy your stay amongst the keepers of this bastion.

penguinofhonor:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version