Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Horrors from the deep  (Read 6110 times)

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrors from the deep
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2006, 08:17:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kepa:
<STRONG>I also used flooding and marksmen.  Also 40 or so war dogs.  My marksmen were around novice level and there were just 8 of them... I forgot that you needed bone and wooden bolts to train them up until late in the game, but I did make a lot of champion melee guys.

Now to get the king.</STRONG>

They will only train on bone or wooden bolts?  That explains why the crossbow squad in my last fort never trained, although I'm sure it cut down on training injuries a lot!  My barracks were pretty much continually soaked in blood.

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2006, 08:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyWaltDogg:
<STRONG>
They will only train on bone or wooden bolts?  That explains why the crossbow squad in my last fort never trained, although I'm sure it cut down on training injuries a lot!  My barracks were pretty much continually soaked in blood.</STRONG>

Uh, they don't practice by shooting at eachother, they use targets. Haha, I can't even imagine the mayhem that would ensue if they practiced shooting at eachother.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2006, 09:29:00 am »

My Dwarves did practice by shooting each other... The entire squad collapsed in my fancy, well/dining room that had 4 tables and that jazz... then they started whining because they couldn't move. However, the pair of kids I got, went berserk over this, and killed half of my squad of 10 before the last marksdwarf put a bolt in thier brains. Kids in Dwarf Fort, are evil monsters that have unlimited power.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Erithtotl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2006, 10:12:00 am »

Wow.  So my fortress of 90+ dwarves just hit the pit.  I had no idea what was coming next.  I wonder if in the latest versions the difficulty has been lowered a little.  After realizing there was little I was going to do to stop them, I mobilized every dwarf in the fortress, and we managed to stop the demons after losing over half our population, with several others seriously wounded.  I didn't have any special defenses set up, and my standing army wasn't particularly big though it was reasonably equipped. I did have a good number (20+) war dogs.

I got a flood of immigrants right after the massacre, and am slowly rebuilding my civilization, the graveyard is overflowing with bones, but I think I had enough food stockpiled that I can withstand the loss in manpower right now.

Citizen of Erl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2006, 09:10:00 pm »

I almost feel bad for them, but they took down three of my troops.

Temps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2006, 11:19:00 am »

psssst... the strongest, cheapest, most invincible weapon in the game... is a drawbridge you lower upon your enemies. I am banking on it to kill the pit demons.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]