Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

importing old forts during worldgen

(1/2) > >>

motorbitch:
hi, i want to suggest to import the current fort / abbandoned forts during the world generation.
by this, one wuldnt miss out the new features, and as i understod it, the gamegeneration will place a lot of pregenerated towns anyway, so it propably wuld not be a big thing.greetings
mb

Capntastic:
This would be too hard to integrate, I think, given how much changes these days.EXAMPLE: keep in mind, that people from the last version don't even have families, while folk in this one have complex ancestries.   This is just a fraction of what's been done.   You have to keep in mind the game is in alpha, and though I hate to say it, you shouldn't become sentimental yet.

motorbitch:
well, its a suggestion to the big one...
he shuld say if it is hard, or noone...
i suggested it, its on him to do it. or not to do it.

Capntastic:
Well of course.   That doesn't mean I can't comment on how I feel about it, thus starting a discussion.Otherwise you could just PM your ideas to Toady.

motorbitch:
we *can* discuss about the suggestion, in therms of it wuld improve the game expirience or not.
no dubt on this.we *can not* discuss about how hard to integrate it wuld be, as this can be only estimated by toady .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version