Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immigration Officer  (Read 1551 times)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Immigration Officer
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:08:56 pm »

I think that once a fortress has reached a sufficient number of dwarves (40?) that a noble position called the Immigration Officer should be opened up.

In the nobles menu, you can change his settings and choose a variety of options to limit, increase, or pinpoint immigration. For example,

1.Regular Immigration (The regular immigration, balanced with unskilled and skilled workers/soldiers)
2.Drafting Immigration (Slightly less immigrants, but comes with more weapon/armor/combat skills and items)
3.Skilled Immigration (Slightly lesser immigrants, but comes with more highly skilled workers, like proficient and above)
4.Increased Immigration (Comes with a whole lot more immigrants, but most of the immigrants are unskilled)
5.Stop Immigration (Basically, stops immigrants from coming, incase you can't handle extra dwarves, or you're in a siege, or whatever.)

This would make it easier to manage your fortress, just so incase you lack the ability to train 10 soldiers or you need more workers. And would make people complain less about overpopulation.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration Officer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:25:05 pm »

Oh just go Arizona and build a big wall.
igless

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:14:40 am »

Yeah I only posted the two really good ones because I knew you'd snag the rest, Footy~

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:39:46 am »

I love you guys.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.