Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Aiming catapults

(1/1)

Veroule:
Please!  I want just a little bit of intelligence here.My last siege was ended because the goblin squad that I couldn't hit north-south wise with any of my catapults finally wandered into one of my floodable areas.  After most of them were drowned the rest ran and my other catapults could finally start hitting the other squads.Right now a catapult facing left(west) sitting at the northern(top) end of the map will fire on a range for an invader closest right(east).  Please I am begging for just a little bit of intelligence in my dwarves, let them aim a range based only on the cone that the catapult can fire.I can live with legendary operators firing a catapult many degrees off target, although it shouldn't be that way.I know this is a known issue somewhere, but I didn't find anything on the forums about it.Other odd catapult suggestions: make them like most other buildings that we can profile in the manager screen.  I very much like making my main crew legendary all the way around and have just about all shops set with a max skill of grand master.  I would like the same profiling abilities with siege engines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version