Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scratch RP channel  (Read 1152 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Scratch RP channel
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:48:38 pm »

Doesn't it suck when one is in the mood for Role playing but there isn't anyone about?
Or when there's a role play, but you've got to wait for someone else to be there and participate?

Enter the scratch RP channel. First, create and post a character, using the following instruction, then join the IRC channel found at
https://www.mibbit.com/chat/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.newnet.net%2Fscratchrp. If I'm around (or someone else to GM) we'll have a pick-up role play. Feel free to drop by to see how it's done, in any case. This thread will be used for notes on currently active adventures (we'll pick-up where we left off, if need be), character posts, and comments on the project.

Stuff is borrowed from Rizeska's Under the Starless Sky, (http://theagora.net76.net/forums/index.php?topic=102.msg2119#new)
Squeegy's Foot Soldiers system, (http://theagora.net76.net/forums/index.php?topic=42.0) and
Noctis Vampire's skill system.

Chase down the information for Foot Soldiers itself, but generic rolls will be conducted on a D10 system, with modifiers for skill level and difficulty. From Noctis Vampire:
Experience effect of skill levels(Subjected to change for balancing):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills:

Character creation:
Roleplay is encouraged.

If you have special requests for the scenario, do say something. Otherwise, I will be doing something in my normal verse (probably randomly generated).

Also, have a look at https://www.mibbit.com/chat/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.newnet.net%2Fscratchrtd a thread for quick paced d10 RTD action.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scratch RP channel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:52:12 pm »

Reserved?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:28:18 am »

hmm...interesting.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:12:51 am »

Name: Tighlor Lightfoot
Race: Halfing
Appearance:

Tighlor has unkempt short brown hair, he has lightly tanned skin. His eyes are the color of mud. His hands are rough and worn, and overall he is svelte, standing at 3'11.

Weapon of Choice: Wood Shillelagh

Advantages: Dashing.
Disadvantages: Short for a halfing.

Skills:
Charming
Trade

Mace or Moringstar, whichever works better with a Shillelagh as I dont understand why these are two different skills.
Disarm

Visual Acuity
Sneak
Lockpicking

Background: I cant give a background without knowing anything of the game. Please provide, and I'll foster one of the Tighlor background versions.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 03:16:47 am »

First session is over.

We've killed:
1.5 prison guards
2 Allied NPC's
5.5 Guards
3 Pirates
1 Pirate Captain
2 Pirates
1 Surrendered Pirate

and have greatly annoyed the (2nd) high level allied NPC.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:02:39 am »

Huh, only 2 people in channel. Was hoping to observe a game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »

Sorry, I was sleeping. Last night's game carried on pretty long. If anyone else would like to use the channel to GM their own game when I'm not about, feel free. The Dark Lady will be pleasant whenever possible for rolls.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 02:02:49 pm »

Name: Ochita
Race: Human
Appearance: He has kept brown hair and is lean with a light tan. His hands are somewhat rough. Hs hight is 5'11
Weapon of Choice: Longsword
Advantages: Smart
Disadvantages: He is arrogant
Skills:
Longsword,
Disarming,

Psychology,
Conversation 

Scripture
Identify Use
Forgery
Background: The son of a minor noble he was taken into a good school that taught him his writing skills (think english grammar school) As he got older he took up a longsword- his familys weapon down the ages even though he wanted to learn magic. However one night his home was looted by thieves and his fater was killed. He wandered from place to pace, never staying for long. He was just looking for adventure
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »

Name: Rolan
Race: Half-Human
Appearance: About five feet tall, with long auburn hair.  Usually looks delighted by his surroundings.
Weapon of Choice: quarterstaff
Advantages: friendly
Disadvantages: naive
Skills:

Pep talk
Charming

Staff-fighting
Crossbow

First Aid
Visual Acuity
Listen

Background: Rolan was raised by his human father, who never told Rolan about his mother.  His father is a poacher, making his living by illegally hunting in the local lord's forest.  Rolan grew up in that forest, but never learned to shoot his father's bow.  Instead he constructed a shooting device similar to a small crossbow.  His father sent him away recently to "learn about the outside world".  The truth is the lord is starting to crack down on poaching, and he wants Rolan to find a better life and be safe.  Rolan is supposed to return next fall to help harvest the garden and be safe from the cold winter, and share stories of his journey.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.