Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make Bone Bolts  (Read 568 times)

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make Bone Bolts
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »

Could we get a hotkey for "make bone bolts" in the craftsdwarves workshop? I'm always running out of bones, and the way the craftsdwarf cancels the repeat task instead of waiting for more bones means I keep having to redesignate it, which means scrolling pretty much exactly down half a list.

[ May 06, 2007: Message edited by: TotalPigeon ]

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Re: Make Bone Bolts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »

That would be swell, but there are a lot of other menu items that need a hotkey as well.

A better option, would be to make permanent manager assigned jobs.

So instead of having a max of "MAKE 30 BONE BOLTS"

You could make the job permanent, in which case bone bolts would always be made when bones are available, and you wouldnt have to que them up ever again.

(edited for spelling, goddam flakey keyboard -_-)

[ May 06, 2007: Message edited by: Tamren ]

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »

The reason why I didn't ask for manager jobs like that was because you can't designate which workshop gets the jobs, and when you've got about three or four crafting workshops set up and each one assigned to a different individual you end up with all of them trying to make bone bolts when you only want your uber bonecarver to go at it. Not that that wouldn't be nice too.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

I was thinking about this sort of thing and the manager giving a building the ability to "Lock Queue" would spam about as much the same as the current manager queue, but allow you to customize a workshop. (not just repeat, but LOCKED repeat)

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 03:03:00 am »

Me, I'm just waiting for the day when there's a hotkey for making traps!
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:00 am »

Rather then filling up workshop queues with multiple job requests - its probably better that a check is done when a job is complete to see if a job of the same type is required by the Manager's list. Then you could have a 'repeat forever' in the manager list without having to stock jobs up.

Alternatively, have a setting for all jobs similar to 'auto-loom', 'auto-weave'.  E.g. 'auto-stoneblocks', 'auto-millplants'...
what I'm saying is... these two concepts are the same- Make them generalised across the system for all job types.