Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Xenonauts - Post cold war XCOM re-imagining - KICKSTARTER FUNDED!!  (Read 25997 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Xenonauts - Post cold war XCOM re-imagining - in early development
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 06:43:53 pm »

Am I the only one who ever want to be able to call in bombing runs in X-COM?
Nope... It was the first thing I tried... I sent in a fighter along with the troop carrier to see if it would do a bomb run for me. :(

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »

I think we should all forget about the OTHER X-COM game being made and call this the new X-COM game.

I think I speak for many of us when I say THERE IS NO OTHER XCOM GAME IN DEVELOPMENT.  This is the only one.  If there WERE another, it certainly wouldn't be getting made by a big studio.

Also, does anyone else wish they would make a sequel to The Matrix?  I would like to further explore that movie's universe.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 11:47:55 pm »

I think we should all forget about the OTHER X-COM game being made and call this the new X-COM game.

I think I speak for many of us when I say THERE IS NO OTHER XCOM GAME IN DEVELOPMENT.  This is the only one.  If there WERE another, it certainly wouldn't be getting made by a big studio.

Also, does anyone else wish they would make a sequel to The Matrix?  I would like to further explore that movie's universe.
Oh yeah I know!
Keanu could have totally made at least two more movies out of that!

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 12:06:23 am »

I keep checking this game out from time to time, haven't decided whether I'm going to buy it or not though. 30 bucks is a little pricey for a rough beta, though I'm willing to give it a shot if I like the looks of it. I'll probably end up buying it though and giving it a chance, haven't played a good strategy game in a while. This one looks like it just might be a worthy (Spiritual anyways) successor to X-com.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 08:16:36 am »

I just bought it to support the development. I will let you know how it plays when I get a chance on sunday. it only has one ground mission plus air combat.

edit: seems the front page was misleading. The soon to be released beta version 4 will have a ground mission.  Currently it has a nicely refined air combat system that just needs some minor balancing. Headed towards greatness if they can get enough funding. I wish they would use kickstarter.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:28:04 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 09:29:33 am »

This requires sigging.

Oh yeah I know! Keanu could have totally made at least two more movies out of that!
I don't know. What if he screwed it up?

Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 12:13:35 pm »

Oh yeah I know! Keanu could have totally made at least two more movies out of that!
I don't know. What if he screwed it up?

Nah, that can't happen. I mean what could go wrong, it's the Matrix.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:15:24 pm by jmancube »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »

NOPE
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:08:10 pm by Vherid »

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 06:41:34 am »

Hey, nice to see my old thread being ripped desperately from the grave!

Apparently the next build of the Alpha, which contains Ground Combat in some form, is being released tonight. As the dev is in the UK, his tonight is my tonight, which probably means about 6-8 hours from now.

I am really interested to see how it plays, the PC Gamer US preview got me genuinely excited.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:50 am »

Posting to follow.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:31 am »

Build V7.4 is released to those with early access (i.e. if you have already bought the game) and having played about with it there are some really cool advancements in the ground combat. It's the first time I have played it in a few months, and the air combat is also pretty neat, and pitched pretty much spot-on where it should be (IMHO).

It is starting to come together as an immersive experience as the graphics get polished, and I really like the style of the game. Gameplay is still pretty ropey, mainly because they have to get everything streamlined as a modern turnbased game, and there is still a bit of oddness around, but all in all I'm really excited to see the positive progression.

I can start to believe this will be a genuinely engaging strategy game. Anybody else had a play around with it?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 11:46:58 am »

What's the current count for X-Com remakes? 10?

What I was thinking. I've bought every one that I could find, and kinda jaded with the genre now. The UFO games were great though, but in their own special way, not as an X-Com remake.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 12:03:30 pm »

A bit of a necro here, but after some issues with Paypal and launching a new site they are back in business, and are now on Desura at a reduced price of £15. I'm starting to think I should have installed and ran Desura before purchasing, it is currently updating at dial up speeds for reasons I cannot fathom.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 12:24:14 pm »

Around 12-14 of november they are releasing v8.0 of the beta which is supposedly the first truly playable version of the complete game. It is expected to contain bugs and balance issues, but will be feature complete.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:21 am »

Around 12-14 of november they are releasing v8.0 of the beta which is supposedly the first truly playable version of the complete game. It is expected to contain bugs and balance issues, but will be feature complete.

Damn sounds like this paycheck is gonna be small after I get this and Skyrim then. This definatly cheered me up after finding out my favorite open source xcom shut itself down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11