Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.05 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 85154 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.05 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #225 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:30 pm »

Hi!

To simplify things, I want to collapse the window/fullscreen size and font options, removing the graphical versions; all you'll get is an option to turn graphical tiles on or off.

Is this fine with you, or do you want to keep them? If the latter, would it suffice to let you store multiple init.txt profiles?

Just to clarify this, there will still be the options to set the normal size for full screen and windowed mode in the init.txt file, right? You are only talking about the graphics there. I have no opinion on the graphics as I don't use them, but the size options for the normal display are a must for me (even though it does not stop the RNG when I switch to windowed mode from full screen (^_^;; ).

Deathworks

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:53 pm »

Right. I'm only talking about removing the separate window/fullscreen/font options for graphics mode.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »

Can't see a problem with that then.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:59 pm »

I downloaded Ironhand's graphics pack and was like "Wait, what? .05?". Pure Awesomesauce.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2010, 06:30:52 pm »

Can you PLEASE fix the goddamn demon diplomat bug?

nophilip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »

Can you PLEASE fix the goddamn demon diplomat bug?

I second this motion.

Every. Damn. Fort. I swear, it's been like 9/10 times.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »

Encountered a bug for the second time that caused a crash, and this time I was also able to reproduce it. It involves going into the 'v'iew menu, going over a wild animal, and trying to view the z menu for it, details and such. Of course now that I'm writing this I can't even get the world to load again to verify a few specifics.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2010, 10:36:06 pm »

Shame my internet is so slow it times out,curse you iprimus!

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2010, 11:42:41 pm »

Not that big of a problem because I usually mute my computer anyways but I get no sound from DF in .05.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2010, 01:33:10 am »

Not that big of a problem because I usually mute my computer anyways but I get no sound from DF in .05.
Are you using a tile-set? I am asking because some tile-sets for some bizar reason have the [SOUND:OFF] instead of [SOUND:ON], just check your init.txt and change it.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2010, 02:16:25 am »

Are you using a tile-set? I am asking because some tile-sets for some bizar reason have the [SOUND:OFF] instead of [SOUND:ON], just check your init.txt and change it.

Using Mayday's newest version. Just checked and he has SOUND:YES, changed to SOUND:ON but still no sound. Volume is up all the way...could it be something else with his pack?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Corbald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2010, 02:29:13 am »

I'd grab the default .ini(s) from this thread and try loading up with them.. see what happens. Might help you narrow it down at least. Even throw the default DF on your desktop, and run it from there, see if you have sound then.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2010, 06:36:09 am »

I've got the floodgate doesn't function due to item on it bug again. This time, I was creating an aquaduct for a well, had the gate down to permit breaching into the brook, and when the miner breached into the brook, he left a rock behind. The water flow pushed the rock ONTO the floodgate. Now the gate, whether up or down, stays under 7/7 water, due to the rock on top of it. And I haven't found a way to fix that.

I've got a save of this fortress if needed.

In 28.x.40d, I vaguely remember floodgates shoving off anything that was one them. Now that they don't, anything can "jam" them.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2010, 08:55:19 am »

Using Mayday's newest version. Just checked and he has SOUND:YES, changed to SOUND:ON but still no sound. Volume is up all the way...could it be something else with his pack?

Lack of sound files in sounds folder, to minimize the space taken? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2010, 08:58:13 am »

In 28.x.40d, I vaguely remember floodgates shoving off anything that was one them. Now that they don't, anything can "jam" them.

I don't remember that...
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18