Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.05 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 85044 times)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.05 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »

Found a bug. If I do something that pauses the game, (like designating something) when I come out of that menu, the game is still paused. If I press space to unpause it, it is still paused. If I press it again, it finally comes unpaused. Nothing major, but kinda annoying if I don't pay attention and my game stays paused when it's not supposed to be.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 01:41:29 pm »

Baughn, could you please give us some guidance as to what the various modes do? (And which would be more suitable for various circumstances, etc. ) :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 01:54:38 pm »

leader dying does not kill the fun anymore ?
the most game breaking bug fixed ! fabulous !

and graphics:yes does not crash immediately at worldgen or prevent playing ?
marvelous ! superb update.

Thank you a lot

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 01:58:27 pm »

Yay new DF!

* Taps the vein and lets the DF drip do it's magic.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

jfs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 02:04:17 pm »

Hmm seems the season temperature changes are more extreme than I'd imagined.

On a temperate map which had liquid water year round in .04, the lakes and the river are now frozen in spring.
I'll need to build a few more walls because of that :)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 02:17:47 pm »

Very excited. Can't wait to check it out.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:42 pm »

So, With 31.04 I got about 70-80 fps on embark. Now I'm getting 340. I dunno what happened, but I'm not going to question it.

I think this means partial print is working again.

Is that right?

DarkAvenger

• Bay Watcher
  • Greater Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2010, 02:27:08 pm »

I'm trying to tweak my settings for some good FPS, anyone have any suggestions for an Acer Aspire One Netbook? I've been getting roughly 60 - 65 FPS on embark with default settings. I've been trying to mess with Partial print and other things but it doesn't seem to change it at all.

It hasnt changed with the update either for me.

jfs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2010, 02:30:26 pm »

On a temperate map which had liquid water year round in .04, the lakes and the river are now frozen in spring.
This, I don't remember seeing before: A partly frozen pool!
Is that new?
(I fear for my dwarves now going ice skating and suddenly dropping in... :()

I'm trying to tweak my settings for some good FPS, anyone have any suggestions for an Acer Aspire One Netbook?
Tried 2D mode? It might be the fastest if your computer doesn't have a good 3D graphics chip.

brilliantazure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2010, 02:32:44 pm »

Excellent, Toady. You never cease to amaze me.

Has the hunting/ammo bug been fixed yet? I haven't noticed it being addressed in the patch notes and so far it's the bug that has bothered me the most since I generally made hunting my primary source of food.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2010, 02:34:10 pm »

Hi!

I'm trying to tweak my settings for some good FPS, anyone have any suggestions for an Acer Aspire One Netbook? I've been getting roughly 60 - 65 FPS on embark with default settings. I've been trying to mess with Partial print and other things but it doesn't seem to change it at all.

It hasnt changed with the update either for me.

Just to make sure, have you tried reducing GFPS? I recommend 24 as that is approximately what animation is at.

Other than that, I am afraid that only in-game changes (number of z-levels and the like) are going to help.

What is your FPS on the title screen?

==============

I can also confirm the map data saving bug from legend mode: map/gen saving crashes the game as does saving a historic map. Detailed maps work fine, however. XML created an unprocessable file for me (the browsers complained about some -^ combination, I think in the context of the underground regions; I haven't kept the file as I wasn't sure whether I should report that, and the file was 369MB in size (^_^;; )

Ah, and thanks a lot, Toady One and Baughn for the hard work. It is really appreciated.

Deathworks

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2010, 02:37:34 pm »

Found a bug. If I do something that pauses the game, (like designating something) when I come out of that menu, the game is still paused. If I press space to unpause it, it is still paused. If I press it again, it finally comes unpaused. Nothing major, but kinda annoying if I don't pay attention and my game stays paused when it's not supposed to be.
It isn't paused, actually - the pause indicator simply isn't cleared correctly. Something similar can happen with announcements I got an  announcement about striking dendritic agate, then shortly afterwards, an "It has started raining" announcement appeared in the middle of that announcement.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2010, 02:44:56 pm »

Dwarves still fail to find their own bed, but at least the amount of dwarves migrating seems toned down. Or then I just have a very poor underground.

carpfishmantis

• Bay Watcher
  • [SHARK] [FLIER] [SIZE:1600]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2010, 02:57:23 pm »

the one bug that is really annoying me right now is that it's still impossible to get a dungeon master. i have 93 monkeys of various types, just waiting to be trained in the art of vicious combat.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:45 pm »

Huzzah! Now I can have more than 1 squad. Thanks, Toady!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18