Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Proactive trading  (Read 437 times)

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Proactive trading
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:21:00 am »

I think as the new armies and greater world and civilization interractions come in; it might be nice to build my own wagons and send out my own caravans.  This is especially true after wiping out a large stack of goblins.

If recipes really get added in then it would be loads of fun to send out a caravan filled with my special quarry spiced elephant glazed in syrup and mandrill tallow dishes, and other chef specialities.

Mostly though I just want to be able to send out some traders and maybe have a few dwarves get in a bad way and never return.  Perhaps a trading skill that effects what sort of prices they get at other places.

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Tubal_Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proactive trading
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:54:00 am »

As long as your traders are smart enough not to bring back wagons full of stone crafts in exchange, this would be a good idea.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:17:00 am »

If it were taking stone crafts for sale, and bringing back barrels of booze and stacks of food - then that'd be top.

Or maybe, you could go 'with' the caravan and defend them against raiders and such like.

I think the trade agreement screen could be used to 'remotely' specify what goods to barter for.

We'd need to be able to build wagons and assign mules/horses to them as well.

Good idea! What they can do, we should be able to do... better! (Trading, sieging, infiltration, baby snatching...?)

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »

quote:
Good idea! What they can do, we should be able to do... better! (Trading, sieging, infiltration, baby snatching...?)

I'm still waiting for the option to enslave my captive goblins and make them work.  Or better yet, elves!

[ May 14, 2007: Message edited by: Fieari ]

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fieari:
<STRONG>

I'm still waiting for the option to enslave my captive goblins and make them work.  Or better yet, elves!

[ May 14, 2007: Message edited by: Fieari ]</STRONG>

Isn't there a quote floating around somewhere where we decided that there was nothing better than forcing elves to chop down trees?