Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dungeon of Allmends Sorrow (A Puzzling Dungeon)  (Read 952 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
The Dungeon of Allmends Sorrow (A Puzzling Dungeon)
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:19:51 pm »

Alright, for this game, you must choose a class, then use that class to his/her best advantage to pass the riddles and traps. There will be little to no outright fighting in this game, but what class you take will make a difference, so choose carefully. And now...

Code: (Classes) [Select]
FIGHTER
-Strong!
-Armored
-Tough
-Skilled with swords

ACOLYTE
-Smart
-Robed
-Magic!
-Skilled with words

PICKPOCKET
-Sneaky
-Picks locks!
-clothed normally
-Soft footsteps

So, what are you?

You are not playing as individuals. You are playing as one person. You can tell your character to do anything that does not conflict with his/her weakness. His/her weakness will be exploited by the dungeon.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon of Allmends Sorrow (A Puzzling Dungeon)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:59:40 pm »

Name=Barham Sploorgehappy
Class=Fighter
Background=Guy who explores dungeons
Weakness=Gets paranoid about very basic things
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »

Name=Urist McAcolyte
Class=Acolyte
Background=Urist McAcolyte was sent by the baron to get the treasure at the end of this dungeon. He has no intention of returning it, as the baron intends to kill him for his kleptomaniacal ways. Namely, trying to steal the baron's enchanted barrel that turns water into booze.
Weakness=He is dangerously kleptomaniacal around non-cursed magical items, and has gotten in trouble on more then one occasion for trying to take one from another dwarf.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:10:33 pm »

Alright, we have a tie, it seems. I'll let a few more entries in and then pick the best of all of them.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 01:52:54 pm »

Vote for UristMcAcolyte

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 03:15:56 pm »

Urist McJones
Pickpocket
He is a professor at an university. On his spare time, he is an archaeologist, and has found some of the most treasured treasures in the known world. His trademarks are a leather whip, which has saved him many times, and a hat. You know that hat, right?

His only weakness is his unovercomable fear of snakes.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 05:40:25 pm »

Urist McAcolyte stood at the door to the crypt. He felt cold, and an ominous chanting could just barely be heard. The torches that burned on the sides of the crypt guttered in the freezing wind, and Urist pulled his cloak tighter. He breathed deeply, steadying his nerves, and opened the door to the crypt.
  Inside the crypt, there was a long stairwell leading down. The walls were covered in ornate carvings, worn with age. The edges of the ancient steps were worn smooth by time. Urist trodded down the steps carefully, aware of the traps prevelent in this dungeon.
  He stepped on one step, and it crumbled into tiny bits, and Urist lost his footing. He fell down the stairway, and finally stopped when the floor evened out, hundreds of feet below. Urist checked himself for wounds, but his magical shield had taken the worst of the fall. He was unharmed. Urist rose, brushed himself off, and continued deeper into the dungeon.
  When he emerged from the halway, he found himself in a massive antichamber. The walls were eroded marble, with flying buttresses holding up a magnificent ceiling. There was flaking paint covering the walls, depicting the great battles of old. Some notches in the smooth walls were filled with coffins, each bearing the name of one of the dead. There was a massive portal in the far wall, with iron doors and no handles. There were no levers in sight, but Urist approached the doors anyway.

What now?

Spoiler: Urist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills Key (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »

Use earth magic to smash open the portal
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita