Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DFInit file editor [v1.53 ~ 0.31.16]  (Read 57253 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF init file editor
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 01:55:08 pm »

Suggestion: Detailed tool tips for each option on mouse over? This utility could make things alot less daunting for new players.
This is a damn good idea.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:06 pm »

Nice. This idea'd been mentioned before, and I'd considered trying it myself. Cool to see it finally done ;)

How easy'd it be to add support for new options when/if they're added?
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

xnrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Zombie Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 04:06:29 pm »

Tooltip text is currently being added.

The ability to support future options would not work with how I wrote this program, unfortunately. I pretty much hard coded everything, and unless I made everything generated on load with a label for a name and a textbox for the value [which would result in an interface similar to just opening the text file anyway], it's not going to happen.

The fact that I'm leaving for navy boot camp in about a month makes this a sobering fact.
I'll make sure to release the source though, if someone wants to keep it up to date.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 04:39:27 pm »

Best of luck in the navy!

I'm not familiar with VB, but I'll definitely look at your source when it becomes available.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

xnrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 06:53:03 pm »

Now supporting 0.31.08, and with arguably helpful tooltips, it's version 1.3

Yay

xnrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 02:11:33 pm »

Alrighty then, version 1.4 is up for use.

New to this version is the requested default value button, which loads either its built-in defaults or init files found in the base directory.
Internally, the program will handle 'homeless' values much better, meaning it should be at least mostly compatible with future releases.
Which is good, as starting on the 12th, I will be very much AFK.

Also I remembered how to give programs icons so it looks at least 84% prettier.

This should be the second to last release; I am just cleaning up the code and waiting for possible version changes for the final +source release.

Tstrangelove

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 05:20:42 pm »

Hi I tried the Lazy newb pack which bundles DF init in with it but whenever I try to run it an error says that tabctl32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered. Do you know how to fix this issue?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »

I think I got a problem like this once. Try running DF Init in administrator mode
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Tstrangelove

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:04 am »

Forgot I posted this, it works! thanks.

xnrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 06:49:55 pm »

So yea.
Things didn't exactly go the way I wanted before I left. And not just with DF Init, but I digress.
Literally the day I was going to finish up and post the .09 update with source, my computer's power supply blew out and I had already packed all my spares and tools away so recovery was effectively impossible. The source is still on two hard drives and a flash drive, so no worries there.
Additionally, I am unable to have any electronics of any kind as I am still living at RTC until the 18th [currently using my mom's laptop which will be departing tomorrow], so all I can do is post this update letting you know I am still alive and well and unable to do much more until further notice.

EDIT::
I need to make a correction, I am in CT right now, in possession of a laptop, and awaiting delivery of my hard drive so I may continue updating. Woo hoo.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:38:52 pm by xnrad »

JonBrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 07:56:55 pm »

Love the tool, but it doesn't seem to save some settings. For me, it won't turn autosaves off. /shrug
Other than that, I <3 it
JonBrant has been possessed!
JonBrant claims a computer!
JonBrant has begun a mysterious construction!
JonBrant has completed Kitten Blood Waterfall!

xnrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »

Update: I have the source files again and am relearning the innards of my own program. Currently adding better file handling so it doesn't have to sit directly in the DF directory; are there any other things you folks would like to see added?

EDIT::

In the meantime, enjoy the new version that doesn't have to spoon Dwarf Fortress.exe to work anymore.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:45:38 pm by xnrad »

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 01:52:55 pm »

Cool beans dude! Glad you can get to updating this again.

Unfortunatley I'm getting the error about missing COMDLG32.OCX or one if its dependencies. I'd occasionaly get a similiar issue with the other version, but it would work most of the time (and almost always when running in admin mode). Not so with this new version.

I'm running Windows Vista 64, and I have the latest VC x86 and x64 redistributables as far as I know.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 01:58:08 pm »

*Starts feverishly clapping* stuff like this is good enough to be in the real version! good show man!

xnrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 05:18:40 pm »

Cool beans dude! Glad you can get to updating this again.

Unfortunatley I'm getting the error about missing COMDLG32.OCX or one if its dependencies. I'd occasionaly get a similiar issue with the other version, but it would work most of the time (and almost always when running in admin mode). Not so with this new version.

I'm running Windows Vista 64, and I have the latest VC x86 and x64 redistributables as far as I know.

Argh. Comdlg32 is a 'common' control for the file select dialog; what's so common about it when it has to be manually included is beyond me.  Also what the heck that file doesn't even exist on my computer.
I will find a copy and add it to the package. And hope it works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4