Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Warlord's Bonfire Mod 2.0: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?  (Read 53237 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: Fire on Demand! Warlord's Bonfire Mod
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 05:30:59 am »

Neat idea, im gonna be using this.

Also, it should be possible to make the fire perpetual by setting the heatdam value above the fixed temp.

Hadn't thought of that... however, it might be beneficial to have the fire run out eventually, in case something needs to be fixed or removed.

what if you use the water thingie from gypsum? meaning if you flood your bonfire it will turn into something harmless instead of boiling :x
so you can use a third one which isnt watersafe but got the heatdam value.
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 06:05:06 am »

I suggest add a 'Put out fire' command to the workshop in case  things go out of control.

On second though, no. 100% safe workshop is not dwarfy enough. Let's make it goes boom sometimes. or produce a LOT of smoke to annoy your dwarfs.

Also how about we make this into BOOZEfire?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 07:01:24 am »

The way it's set up, you can't have a 'put out fire' command anyway - best bet is to cause a cave-in and then dig out the fire material, then atom-smash it. About Boozefire, you need to wait for a very future patch where all liquids can flow. Unless you mean booze that burns without blowing up (I don't know how you'd do that unless you want solid, undrinkable booze)?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 07:07:53 am »

The way it's set up, you can't have a 'put out fire' command anyway - best bet is to cause a cave-in and then dig out the fire material, then atom-smash it. About Boozefire, you need to wait for a very future patch where all liquids can flow. Unless you mean booze that burns without blowing up (I don't know how you'd do that unless you want solid, undrinkable booze)?

Precisely... so you can see why a permanent fire isn't an attractive option.

I had a bug while working on the reagent tag where it would take any wooden item instead of logs, and the first thing they took was booze barrels... unfortunately, the boiling cloud was not weaponizable.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 07:24:37 am »

gotta say i got a laugh out of this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sharp fire. love it.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 07:27:43 am »

I hear 1 z level water near magma can parboil invaders in their armour. Does steam now do that once more?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:38 pm »

Experimenting in cold biomes, I've nailed down a problem; massive temperature lag occurs when a forest fire goes near a frozen pond or river. Avoid doing this if possible.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 12:50:51 am »

Precisely... so you can see why a permanent fire isn't an attractive option.

I had a bug while working on the reagent tag where it would take any wooden item instead of logs, and the first thing they took was booze barrels... unfortunately, the boiling cloud was not weaponizable.
wait so we could make venom steam traps with out wasting our magma supply?
sweet!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 03:54:54 pm »

So how do you put this into your game? Anyone have a stock 31.06 that has this mod?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 07:59:52 pm »

Since I have them in my came, I could toss the necessary files onto the DFFD if Warlord doesn't mind. I couldn't get the "inna bin" reaction to work (no so good at modding, myself), so that wont be in there. You'd have to put the necessary lines into your entity raw yourself, however.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »

So how do you put this into your game? Anyone have a stock 31.06 that has this mod?

It's fairly simple. Go to raw->objects (those are folders, by the way) and do the following:

1. Put the Custom Workshop entry in building_custom.txt
2. Put the Reaction entry in reaction_smelter.txt OR reaction_other.txt
3. Put the Coal entry in inorganic_stone_mineral.txt
4. Put the Firewood entry in plant_standard.txt
5. Put the listed Entity tags in entity_default.txt in with the other PERMITTED items for the Dwarf civ.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »

Since I have them in my came, I could toss the necessary files onto the DFFD if Warlord doesn't mind. I couldn't get the "inna bin" reaction to work (no so good at modding, myself), so that wont be in there. You'd have to put the necessary lines into your entity raw yourself, however.
Do you mean the default files edited to have the components in them, or have the components in their own files?  Because if it's the prior, I have the latter already if that'd be preferred (which some modders believe is much more friendly to those using multiple mods).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 09:22:33 pm »

the latter.
I am one of those who prefers things this way.
[/quote]

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 04:11:07 pm »

this is probably one of the most useful mini-mods I've ever had the good fortune of finding.
Great idea.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 04:22:19 pm »

Oh noes! I know I was forgetting a mod in my new game! Well, at least I just started. Time to gen a new world. hahaha.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8