Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Warlord's Bonfire Mod 2.0: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?  (Read 53446 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Fire on Demand! Warlord's Bonfire Mod
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2010, 07:37:52 pm »

Hmmm not too sure, I'd have to look it up. I would assume though that it is a "magma thing" and not just heat.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 08:20:52 pm »

Magma behaves the same way as water with the exception of not being affected by pressure, unless pressurized by a pump, and apparently not showing flow. Magma will turn into obsidian if it touches water. In the game, magma's temperature is exactly 2,032°F, or about 1,111°C. This is also 12,000° Urist. The list of magma-safe materials has changed considerably in this version.

Source: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Magma#ixzz0rdJjTFM1

would changing the temp of the item be enough or would we need to figure out how to increase the temperature of a fire you think?..
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:46 pm »

Okay let me try and put this in perspective...

My first attempt was with the vanilla bonfire. It functioned well and made a temp of 11012. Around a 1000 degrees hotter than dwarfs.

My second attempt with my modded bonfire... It functioned just as well... however the temp is 27012 which is 17000 degrees hotter than a dwarf...

It STILL only goes affects the immediate tiles around it.
OXBXO
O = standard underground temp.
X = 27012 empty tile
B = 27012 bonfire

It DOES produce "warm" wall.

Any ideas on expanding it's range?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »

Okay, so I just tested it outside, after completely obliterating a poor dwarf...

I found out it was capable of putting smoke from the level it's on +7 above it.

+1 and +2 were the only "thick parts" after that it became very thin. Maybe only a couple tiles wide.

I'm out of ideas.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2010, 11:32:37 am »

is there anything wrong with this mod?
I've been unable to use it.

figured out I copied it in a wrong format
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:56:58 am by jaked122 »

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2010, 12:50:06 pm »

Okay, so I just tested it outside, after completely obliterating a poor dwarf...

I found out it was capable of putting smoke from the level it's on +7 above it.

+1 and +2 were the only "thick parts" after that it became very thin. Maybe only a couple tiles wide.

I'm out of ideas.
now if only [syn_inhaled] worked properly (unless i'm behind on notes) then that would be a nice gass chamber for anything above it...

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2010, 02:42:10 pm »

I've noticed that Syn_inhaled has worked. It's just... getting it to work. They way creatures breathe is totally beyond me. The black_lung thing that Deon was using worked really well.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2010, 03:44:31 am »

would be a lot easier if bars let the gas though, also week bump for interest and awesome mini-mod.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2010, 01:08:49 pm »

I don't use bars ;) or fortifications or hatches or anything.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2010, 09:20:15 am »

Okay, added this, but got a question? How does one go about boiling water with it? o_O do you just start a large bonfire and pour water onto it?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010, 02:26:20 pm »

I haven't used it to boil water yet, but that seems to be the case. Only water right next to it will be affected. Even at 27000 dwarf degrees, it only hit the tiles right next to it.

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2010, 09:48:12 am »

Are Booze Barrels still explosive?  If they still are we can make giant explosive entrances for invasions!
Dump barrels maybe 5 tiles apart outside the entrance in a checker pattern.  Have a bonfire sitting on a 3x3 floor so it doesn't lite the grass. 1z above it have a Booze Barrel dumbed on a hatch linked to a level in the fort.  When the gobos come hit the lever and watch the chain reaction of the giant boozsplosions liting everthing instantly on fire.

Dwarvern napalm  8)
monkeys and kobos might steal the booze tho  >:(

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2010, 01:44:06 am »

Are Booze Barrels still explosive?  If they still are we can make giant explosive entrances for invasions!

I believe it's been one of those "fortress myths" for a while: booze barrels are not explosive, just flammable and steam-causing that appears in a such a way as if it were an explosion.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2010, 04:47:28 am »

I believe it's been one of those "fortress myths" for a while: booze barrels are not explosive, just flammable and steam-causing that appears in a such a way as if it were an explosion.
as far as I know gases arnt burnable yet is itare they..?
edit:typo which was bothering me.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:29:10 pm by NRN_R_Sumo1 »

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2010, 02:27:24 pm »

This may be a stupid question, and excuse me if it is, but is it possible to have a bonfire in Adventurer mode?
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8