Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 389477 times)

enjia2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.14
« Reply #1380 on: May 19, 2011, 05:02:45 pm »

Oh hell yes.  This is what I initially wanted to do with dfhack.  If you haven't submitted the code for this to the dfhack repo, you definitely should.

As soon as peter gets online in IRC i'll shoot him the pastebin for inclusion.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 19, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »

Is there any tutorial on how to use the dfhack.dll?? what can you do with it? the readme just have a collection of tools and a brief description of them, how are you suposed to make the calls?

If I want to get a list of all the creatures in the game and check their attributes/preferences, etc... what should I use??
You should write a tool for that. There is a similar tool in the playground that you can modify. The dll contains the code for the DFHack library that the tools use.
What does Therapist/Runesmith use to get their data??
Runesmith uses DFHack. Therapist does it itself.
I saw a thread about "Therapist dfhack" are they porting it to use the library??

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1382 on: May 20, 2011, 09:11:39 am »

I saw a thread about "Therapist dfhack" are they porting it to use the library??
Well, there /was/ one before, but it died because of people not being nice enough to each other... Is this new?

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 20, 2011, 11:25:10 am »

I hope not, it would make Chmod spin if someone converted Dwarf Therapist to a cheat tool...

It is not in his vision statement and while I can see why people would want him or Dwarfengineer to merge it because their GUI is the best, for me, I would be saddened to see their vision perverted into something else.   

They wanted to make a management tool not a cheat tool.    I hope they keep it that way.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:27:38 am by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1384 on: May 20, 2011, 11:32:14 am »

Using DFHack wouldn't by itself make DT any more of a cheat program.

It would just replace the current code for managing the memory editing with DFHack's. As it is, both need to find the new offsets separately on updates (although manual conversion is possible). It'd be nice to just have one memory.XML file though.

Of course the point is pretty much purely academic if there's not someone to do it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

name

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 20, 2011, 02:58:21 pm »

Is there any tutorial on how to use the dfhack.dll?? what can you do with it? the readme just have a collection of tools and a brief description of them, how are you suposed to make the calls?

If I want to get a list of all the creatures in the game and check their attributes/preferences, etc... what should I use??
You should write a tool for that. There is a similar tool in the playground that you can modify. The dll contains the code for the DFHack library that the tools use.
What are you asking for help with?? If you need a reference for functions / structures, read the header files?? Or read the example code??

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1386 on: May 20, 2011, 11:22:08 pm »

What are you asking for help with?? If you need a reference for functions / structures, read the header files?? Or read the example code??
Or build with doxygen installed and enabled in cmake. You'll get the docs from that.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 21, 2011, 09:48:09 am »

ive got a problem where the only working command is the spawn magma command. it doesnt even accept '?' or 'help'
any ideas whats wrong?
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 21, 2011, 09:52:07 am »

Have you tried typing "w"
Do you have experience with previous versions of DFhack?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 21, 2011, 10:02:48 am »

Have you tried typing "w"
Do you have experience with previous versions of DFhack?
no first timer with it trying to solve an error that means missing out the walls on one area of my magma stack is spewing magma into the outside world

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 21, 2011, 10:04:50 am »

nope, still nothing with it, trying both "w"as you suggested and 'w'

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1391 on: May 21, 2011, 10:42:15 am »

You don't actually type the quotation marks...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 21, 2011, 10:53:42 am »

/facepalm

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 21, 2011, 12:35:18 pm »

Code: [Select]
Example

You are in fort game mode (0 game mode), managing your fortress (0 control mode) and go into the Esc menu(in Dwarf fortress it's the place where you save the game), You switch to the Adventure game mode (1 game mode in DFmode) and switch to the managing(which is 0), then save the game. You just left a fortress to play as an adventurer. Leaving the site will count the site as abandon and kill off all pets and tamed. If you want to choose who you want to play as then pick up Dfusion and use either the Adv_tools Adventurer changer or the Tools version. Tools version saves you the hassle of stacked creatures which the pointer won't work on very well. While adventurer tools ?Change?  save you hassle for searching for a certain creature that you can plainly see.

Oh you can also return to the fort(the imput to do this is 0,0 or 0,1) if:
 Your adventurer is on the site,
The adventurer/fort members has the is resident flag off.
the adventurer could have the same civ, though this is only vital for making adventurers work at the fort.
 The adventurer on a previously active fort, other forts will work for a few in game days then DF boots you out of fort mode with a  the force abandon.

I take no responsibility of anything that happens as a result of using this tool :P

here my take on the DFmode example, langdon's retire fort trick would be a nice add on to the readme as well.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 21, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »

Anyone have a guess to why the latest version of DF Hack is not opening. Downloaded, unzipped fine. When I double click on one the the tools, a small screen flickers into existence for a short time, then nothing. Am using Vista
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108