Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 385981 times)

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.14
« Reply #1335 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:58 pm »

I've made available the work I've done on the facade I mentioned: https://github.com/jaxad0127/DFQt. I plan on mirror DFHack as closely as reasonable. I don't plan on exposing direct memory access through the facade, and I'll merge DFHack stuff when they cover the same topics (the Materials module's race and raceEx, for example.

Some notes on VersionInfo:[ul]
  • most won't be exposed under the plans above
  • I exposed game and OS info under Context
  • Since all that's left is job, etc, strings, I'm calling it Strings
  • In the spirit of the above, other strings that aren't part of a module (like quality strings) will be here.

Everything I've done so far is QML accessible, and the project includes a QML plug-in. I'll add some example QML later.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 09, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

Awesome, thanks! I am taking a look at it now....

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 09, 2011, 11:59:43 pm »

Not really a bug, just expected..

I've been slaughtering elf caravans then using dfautodestroy to nuke all of the worthless stuff, which was fine until a 2 year old decided he would drink some of that elvaan sewer brew. He was stuck on the job and wouldn't move since the item he was trying to delete was gone.

It was easy to fix though, dumping water on his head caused him to forget about his job and find something else to drink.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 10, 2011, 11:57:39 am »

I wonder if there's a way to clear jobs/tasks/activities then for certain dwarves and force them to pick a new task.  Would be useful for overzealous military dwarves, or soldiers/brokers who are drinking/sleeping/eating/doing any damned thing they can think of besides the time-sensitive task they are needed for like right-the-hell-now.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 11, 2011, 08:59:14 am »

Ohoho, dfautodestroy is looking good.

No more flooding my surface with magma with dfliquids to clean all the crap that comes with goblinite.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 11, 2011, 10:58:02 am »

I am sitting here watching 21 accumulated years of XXlitterXX going down the magma chute. Thank you so much for dfcleanowned!
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1341 on: May 11, 2011, 04:09:51 pm »

It would have been very useful to have dfcleanowned back in 40d for fortresses that had made use of coins.
In fact, at one point, I actually wrote a cleanowned-type tool for 0.23.130.23a (the old 2D version) in order to get rid of coins (since you have to mint them in order to get the bookkeeper and dungeon master), though I later found out that you can be tricky and mint them out of non-currency metals such as tin or bronze and still get said nobles to arrive.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 11, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »

It would have been very useful to have dfcleanowned back in 40d for fortresses that had made use of coins.
In fact, at one point, I actually wrote a cleanowned-type tool for 0.23.130.23a (the old 2D version) in order to get rid of coins (since you have to mint them in order to get the bookkeeper and dungeon master), though I later found out that you can be tricky and mint them out of non-currency metals such as tin or bronze and still get said nobles to arrive.

no worries, it will be useful again when the inns cometh bringing travelers and their coins, zombies and their xxclothesxx and other countable amenities that will surely land squarely on the fps on the next releases.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1343 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:07 pm »

Just a small bit of info:
There will be support for item quantities/stack sizes in the next release. So, some kind of stats application is more than likely to show up... If I have the time, I'll certainly write one :]

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 13, 2011, 08:57:51 pm »

Where exactly do I place the file?

I have the feeling that it's somewhere really obvious and I'm completely missing the hint.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1345 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:08 pm »

I have the feeling that it's somewhere really obvious and I'm completely missing the hint.
What file?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 13, 2011, 10:58:25 pm »

What file?
Where do I put DFhack.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:31 pm »

What file?
Where do I put DFhack.
Anywhere.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 13, 2011, 11:10:46 pm »

What file?
Where do I put DFhack.
Anywhere.
When I try to open/run it, it says my computer doesn't know how. WTF?

EDIT: Does not work. It does not recognize the DEB format. I have no idea what to do.  :'(

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 13, 2011, 11:42:14 pm »

Have you tried updating your .net runtime? :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108