Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 385996 times)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.14
« Reply #1351 on: May 14, 2011, 12:05:44 am »

EDIT: Does not work. It does not recognize the DEB format. I have no idea what to do.  :'(
What distro of linux are you running? Or, if you aren't running linux, why not try the windows version?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 14, 2011, 12:26:50 am »

EDIT: Does not work. It does not recognize the DEB format. I have no idea what to do.  :'(
What distro of linux are you running? Or, if you aren't running linux, why not try the windows version?
:-[

Wrong button. Sorry, false alarm everyone!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1353 on: May 14, 2011, 08:04:26 am »

Ok. everyone makes mistakes :)

Btw, anyone running Ubuntu 11.04 here? I haven't had the time to install the new version yet, so I'd like to know if the 10.10 .deb files work for you.

Btw. I got a bit crazy today and started messing around with DF plants. Two new tools were created as a result:
Code: [Select]
immolate - can turn any plant under the cursor into ashes (default),
           all shrubs (-s), all trees (-t). It has a bonus 'set everything on fire' mode triggered by (-i).
grow     - make all live saplings grow into full trees instantly
It was all in the hopes I'll be able to figure out when the autumn coloration of leaves is active... haven't found that, but I think this stuff will make up for it :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:05:42 pm by peterix »

purpl monstr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 14, 2011, 07:16:23 pm »

My computer wouldn't let me install.

Details:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 14, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »

Where exactly do I place the file?

I have the feeling that it's somewhere really obvious and I'm completely missing the hint.
What file?
Where do I put DFhack.
Anywhere.
When I try to open/run it, it says my computer doesn't know how. WTF?

What is your OS/distro? DEB is used by Debian Linux and it's derivatives.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1356 on: May 14, 2011, 07:32:00 pm »

My computer wouldn't let me install.

Details:
Code: [Select]
Lintian check results for /tmp/dfhack_0.5.14-1_ubuntu-10.10-amd64.deb:
E: dfhack: wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid etc/ 1000/1000
Interesting problem... And looking at the install in my VM, I can see the problem too. I'll fix it for the next release.
Actually, scratch that. I'll make the packages now. They will be untested git HEAD though :)

I put the fixed deb packages on github. They are untested git HEAD:
32bit deb
64bit deb
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:15:46 pm by peterix »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1357 on: May 14, 2011, 07:59:43 pm »

Would it be too much trouble to provide Windows builds that do not pause on exit? After all, there do exist Windows users who run programs from the command prompt rather than by double-clicking on icons...

grow - make all live saplings grow into full trees instantly
How about a tool to delete all trees that are surrounded by water/magma (or at least revert them to saplings)?

On a side note, my current fortress (originally from 0.31.16 or so) has suffered a bizarre ailment - all plant growth on the surface has ceased entirely. What was once a moist tropical broadleaf forest now resembles a red sand desert. I'm not sure if this happened as a result of upgrading to 0.31.25 or if one of the dfhack utilities broke surface plant growth. Underground plant growth is just as strong as ever, though...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:04:50 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1358 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »

Would it be too much trouble to provide Windows builds that do not pause on exit? After all, there do exist Windows users who run programs from the command prompt rather than by double-clicking on icons...
It would be best to detect how the tool was run and react to that. If you know how, send me an example, and I'll use it for all the supported tools.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:14:11 pm by peterix »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1360 on: May 14, 2011, 11:14:10 pm »

Right. It's in the code! I used a MS support article thing as the source of info in the end.

How about a tool to delete all trees that are surrounded by water/magma (or at least revert them to saplings)?
Quite possible. I can just make them turn into ash tiles for magma. Saplings, idk. I'll have to test that.
On a side note, my current fortress (originally from 0.31.16 or so) has suffered a bizarre ailment - all plant growth on the surface has ceased entirely. What was once a moist tropical broadleaf forest now resembles a red sand desert. I'm not sure if this happened as a result of upgrading to 0.31.25 or if one of the dfhack utilities broke surface plant growth. Underground plant growth is just as strong as ever, though...
Well, there isn't that much that could cause that in dfhack... did you use dflair?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:34:06 pm by peterix »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 15, 2011, 12:53:37 am »

I have to say the applications of the DF liquids program are huge. I've been spawning obsidian with the wonderful range function en mass and creating buildings. It is slow to add height, but workable once you make it so a dwarf can climb to a given z level in the sky (The game does not "read" sky squares unless a dwarf could conceivably access them for pathfinding/FPS purposes). Working on a very massive fort currently and some interesting things happen:

1.) When creating multiple z level high obsidian blocks to tunnel out for building.... If two z levels have obsidian spawned right on top of each other, the area type will remain "outside light" until you dig out the top z level area Thus you have to spawn, dig, spawn dig. Still worth it though :).

2.) Because of number one above and the walls tiles being stacked one right on top of the other, the wall's information will always read "outside light." This has no appreciable game effect other than shadowing

3.) it is very easy to be off a tad when casting en mass with range function on DF liquids. Use with caution. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1362 on: May 15, 2011, 02:24:58 pm »

Well, there isn't that much that could cause that in dfhack... did you use dflair?

I did accidentally run dflair once (when trying to run dfliquids) but afterwards I edited the tool to clear the lair flag and reran it, but it didn't help.

I just went back and loaded a savegame backup from 9 years ago (which was played using 0.31.18) and placed a dirt road, and grass hasn't regrown there either. Maybe the bugfix in 0.31.21 "Made grass grow back properly in desert etc. areas (0.31.19 saves will get too much regrowth now)" accidentally made grass stop regrowing in even older saves...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Mysterius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 15, 2011, 03:04:02 pm »

Hello peterix,

I've been using DFhack for monthes now without giving feedback, and i just wanted to thank you for the new autodump tool.
It really made my life easier !  :)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:34 am »

I am getting odd behavior out of my anti-virus, AVG. It is convinced several of the utilities are infected with trojans, but doesn't really give any information on it. I know it sometimes does this with some game patching utilities, convinced they are malware, so I thought I would just throw it out there.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 108