Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 390105 times)

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.14
« Reply #1365 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:41 am »

I am getting odd behavior out of my anti-virus, AVG. It is convinced several of the utilities are infected with trojans, but doesn't really give any information on it. I know it sometimes does this with some game patching utilities, convinced they are malware, so I thought I would just throw it out there.
It probably would. Any tool that modifies another running program is likely to be flagged.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 17, 2011, 04:30:53 am »

I am getting odd behavior out of my anti-virus, AVG. It is convinced several of the utilities are infected with trojans, but doesn't really give any information on it. I know it sometimes does this with some game patching utilities, convinced they are malware, so I thought I would just throw it out there.

I would be more than a little concerned....

I run AVG and it has yet to flag any tool I have downloaded for dwarf fortress... Or complain about any tool or anything..  I use avg because it is fairly reliable and free, but the last false positive I saw with it was an installer from hypercat games... *I ran it sandboxed and I am fairly certain since it changed nothing it was a false positive*

Whatever it is flagging, either you have a detection turned on I don't, I have never used the tool, or it really is something.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 17, 2011, 08:24:35 am »

I am getting this too now with the latest version of AVG. I've been using 5.14 since it came out, with no trouble until the latest version of AVG free.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 17, 2011, 11:22:50 am »

I am getting this too now with the latest version of AVG. I've been using 5.14 since it came out, with no trouble until the latest version of AVG free.

Yeah, I just scanned them and I am getting it too now.

I submitted them to AVG for further testing.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 19, 2011, 12:10:13 am »

I looked around for an answer to this, but couldn't find it. In dfprospector-all.bat I cannot see minerals because my cmd screen cuts off due to too many lines of text. How do I fix this? Sorry if it's been answered before, I just couldn't find it.
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1370 on: May 19, 2011, 12:35:39 am »

I looked around for an answer to this, but couldn't find it. In dfprospector-all.bat I cannot see minerals because my cmd screen cuts off due to too many lines of text. How do I fix this? Sorry if it's been answered before, I just couldn't find it.
There should be a scroll bar to the right. Also, clicking on the top-left icon will give you a menu that has the preferences screen as one option. You can set the size there (both current and default).

Also, stupid antivirus is stupid, as expected. If you don't trust stuff, you can grab the source and compile it yourself. All the tools are freely available. I do all builds on a windows 7 VM that has limited access to the network (no shady things).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:37:47 am by peterix »

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 19, 2011, 12:51:26 am »

Thank you very much. (For the record, I had to increase the buffer window size).
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1372 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:47 am »

You could also try redirecting the output to a file; just type dfprospector-all > whatever.txt in your cmd window and any output will go to whatever.txt.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:34 am »

Is there any tutorial on how to use the dfhack.dll?? what can you do with it? the readme just have a collection of tools and a brief description of them, how are you suposed to make the calls?

If I want to get a list of all the creatures in the game and check their attributes/preferences, etc... what should I use??

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 19, 2011, 11:41:10 am »

Is there any tutorial on how to use the dfhack.dll?? what can you do with it? the readme just have a collection of tools and a brief description of them, how are you suposed to make the calls?

If I want to get a list of all the creatures in the game and check their attributes/preferences, etc... what should I use??
You should write a tool for that. There is a similar tool in the playground that you can modify. The dll contains the code for the DFHack library that the tools use.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 19, 2011, 11:48:29 am »

Prospector tool produces precise numbers with nice formatting, supports trees and shrubs. Only lists visible resources by default.ge :) [/size]

omg you're my hero!  I am gonna use the crap outa this.

--nomad_delta

enjia2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 19, 2011, 01:10:33 pm »

dfstatus - A dfhack tool that gives you an out of game 'z' status window. Enjoy.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84960.0

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 19, 2011, 02:01:18 pm »

dfstatus - A dfhack tool that gives you an out of game 'z' status window. Enjoy.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84960.0

Oh hell yes.  This is what I initially wanted to do with dfhack.  If you haven't submitted the code for this to the dfhack repo, you definitely should.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 19, 2011, 03:55:39 pm »

You should write a tool for that. There is a similar tool in the playground that you can modify. The dll contains the code for the DFHack library that the tools use.
What does Therapist/Runesmith use to get their data??

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 19, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

What does Therapist/Runesmith use to get their data??
Runesmith uses DFHack. Therapist does it itself.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 108