Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 386012 times)

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1560 on: July 24, 2011, 09:21:40 am »

Aerval, obsidian ramps and fortifications are possible, but not other materials.
Thanks Japa

Is there a FAQ somewhere that this could be added to?

Because it seems like every other week or so someone comes in and asks this question, and the answer is always the same...
Sorry, have to agree with you. This was rather easy to find :(. Sorry again

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:31 pm »

I am just playing a bit with dfliquids and used it to somehow "paint" a dwarven city in df with help of an ahk-script.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could it be possible for dfliquids to paint other stones than obsidian or maybe at least somethings like ramps or fortifications (like in arena mode)?
You can paint stone and soil. You can't choose the type, yet.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1562 on: July 24, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »

I am just playing a bit with dfliquids and used it to somehow "paint" a dwarven city in df with help of an ahk-script.
Could it be possible for dfliquids to paint other stones than obsidian or maybe at least somethings like ramps or fortifications (like in arena mode)?
Really, the tool doesn't allow that. So you can't. But it should be possible to paint the locally available stone and soil types... and just about anything if using veins. I'm just about to rewrite the tool as a dfapi plugin, so I might as well add that :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 24, 2011, 04:52:56 pm »

peterix I have question for you, could someone inject a fortress model as a replacement for a non player site?
so that modders could go a step deeper with their total conversions and folks can get goblins and elves in their adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 25, 2011, 01:05:28 am »

Really, the tool doesn't allow that. So you can't. But it should be possible to paint the locally available stone and soil types... and just about anything if using veins. I'm just about to rewrite the tool as a dfapi plugin, so I might as well add that :)
The other tool (DFTileTypes) does. I was also stating (again!) DFHack's current limits.

Kruor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 27, 2011, 09:58:51 am »

< Total noob question inbound.

Mkay so with the complete lack of installation/use instructions ive just had to make it up as i go along.

Im using windows version btw.

Installed it just to the exe directory. Run the liquid.exe one after ive already loaded up my Fortress and... ? What ? Nothing happens. I can set water and do all the commands in the Command screen thing but have no idea how to actually make something happen with it in my game.

Am i missing something? Perhaps some actual instructions could have been included instead of JUST an overview of the various tools. I would have thought this would have been step one in releasing the tool package to the public to cater to all knowledge levels.

And the one (or two?) vids on youtube that claim to explain how to do things dont actually explain anything. They just show someone doing exactly what ive done except they get the command thing trackign cursor position, etc. No mention of how to enable that, how to place water, etc.

Sadface

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 27, 2011, 10:16:16 am »

< Total noob question inbound.

Mkay so with the complete lack of installation/use instructions ive just had to make it up as i go along.

Im using windows version btw.

Installed it just to the exe directory. Run the liquid.exe one after ive already loaded up my Fortress and... ? What ? Nothing happens. I can set water and do all the commands in the Command screen thing but have no idea how to actually make something happen with it in my game.

Am i missing something? Perhaps some actual instructions could have been included instead of JUST an overview of the various tools. I would have thought this would have been step one in releasing the tool package to the public to cater to all knowledge levels.

And the one (or two?) vids on youtube that claim to explain how to do things dont actually explain anything. They just show someone doing exactly what ive done except they get the command thing trackign cursor position, etc. No mention of how to enable that, how to place water, etc.

Sadface

You have to go into Loo(k) Around mode and put your cursor at the top left of the rectangle of water you will make.  So if you make a 2x2 rectangle of liquid, under the cursor will be the top-left square with water in it, if that makes sense.

Now, to use it, you just select what substance you want: (m)agma, (w)ater, (o)bsidian wall.  If you type help, you'll get a detailed explanation of the different things you can do to modify what you're trying to do.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 27, 2011, 12:34:40 pm »

The other tool (DFTileTypes) does. I was also stating (again!) DFHack's current limits.
How do I use this wonderful tool?(dftiletypes)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:13 pm »

(snip large comment tree)

How do I use this wonderful tool?(dftiletypes)
It has a similar interface to dfliquids, but a ton more options, and filtering.

You can set a paint, which is what the brush (same as dfliquid's options) will paint in your fortress.
You can set a filter, which restricts the tiles that will be changed.

Both take shape (WALL, FLOOR, etc), material (STONE, SOIL, OBSIDIAN, etc), and special (you'll normally not need to change this, but it's here for completeness; this can do ). Help will list all the available options ("help shape", for example). All options are case insensitive.

So, for example, you can change all soil floors into stone walls in a 10x10 area if you set the filter to material STONE and shape WALL, and the brush to material STONE and shape WALL.

Note that STONE means the base layer. The other stones tiles (and gems) are material VEIN. OBSIDIAN is volcano and magma pool walls and cooled magma, not obsidian layers (that's type STONE as obsidian is a base layer type). Making adamantine (material FEATSTONE) isn't guaranteed to work. I'd just use the tool to refill mined adamantine (or use dftubefill, but you can't control that one).

Most of the special types are values we think are used for mining's stages, but I don't know if they've been tested, so standard warnings apply.

Don't forget that ramps need both top (RAMP_TOP) and bottom (RAMP). The material of the top needs to be AIR or it won't be usable.

This tool might look limited in what it can do (can't change layer types or vein materials), but it's the best of what DFHack can reasonably do right now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:03:35 pm by jaxad0127 »

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:13 am »

thanks jaxad0127, now i understand dftiletypes. The clue is that you have to type "filter material soil" and not just "filter soil". Might be named in the help.
Very nice tool :D.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 28, 2011, 05:23:45 am »

This tool reminds me of a dfhack remake of tweak's tile editor which sadly still can't get to work on my pc.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1571 on: July 28, 2011, 02:10:51 pm »

This tool reminds me of a dfhack remake of tweak's tile editor which sadly still can't get to work on my pc.
As part of the big rewrite of everything I'm working on, the tool will be merged with the liquids tool featurewise and rewritten pretty much completely. Probably won't get into the first dfapi release, but I'm working on it.

A lot of people like to paint circles. So I'll be adding that to it, along with a few other shapes.... and arbitrary shapes loaded from csv files possibly.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »

How can the source be built for a 64-bit OS? I get
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file '/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.4.6.1/crtbeginS.o' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file '/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.4.6.1/crtendS.o' is incompatible with i386 output
when I try to compile on Arch x64, and I suspect the differing architectures are the problem here.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:33:22 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 29, 2011, 12:49:38 am »

/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file '/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.4.6.1/crtbeginS.o' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file '/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.4.6.1/crtendS.o' is incompatible with i386 output
when I try to compile on Arch x64, and I suspect the differing architectures are the problem here.
Make sure the appropriate multilib packages are installed.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1574 on: July 29, 2011, 05:54:43 am »

Actually, the stuff you're building there is the not-yet-finished rewrite. The docs are out of sync with the code a lot and it's missing some of the tools. I don't mind testers, but if you want the old-style dfhack, grab the 0.5.15 tarball.

If you want to stick with this, you'll have to set up the CMAKE_INSTALL_PATH to your DF folder and 'make install' it. Then just run DF from the terminal using the dfhack script... the new dfhack runs as part of DF and hijacks the terminal window for its own terminal/console. You can run various commands from there :)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 108