Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 386047 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1590 on: August 01, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »

Nowadays, we're using DLL injection to make DF load up the DFhack DLL itself. DF is built using MSVC 2010, which is why DFhack needs to use it too.

this method is far neater than the sideways hacking that was done before, and is far faster, and bypasses all the OS security stuff.

grebote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 03, 2011, 10:38:57 pm »

I tried posting this in the Stonesense megathread, but got response as of yet. Thought I'd post it here too since it seems that it might be at least partly a DFhack issue.

So when I start Stonesense I can get past the installation screen (where you press F9), but then the program crashes at that point (it says "Connecting to DF..." for about 20 seconds before crashing.)

Checking out the dump file, i get the following:

Code: [Select]
Stonesense launched
Using allegro version 5.0.0 r1
No Dwarf Fortress executable found
DFhack exeption: memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer
No Dwarf Fortress executable found
DFhack exeption: memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer
...(repeated for many lines)

I am using the SDL version of DF 31.25 on Windows 7 64-bit (with all recent updates). I have tried updating the Memory.xml file in the OP to no success. I do have a fortress loaded when I open the program. I have tried it while logged on as the administrator. Other than the xml file, I have not changed anything since DLing it from the LNP. Someone had this problem many pages ago but it didn't appear to be solved, and it sounds like I am not the only one with this problem. Anyway I'd like to be able to use this program since it looks awesome and a ton of work has gone into it.

If anyone has a work-around I'd love to hear about it!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1592 on: August 04, 2011, 12:52:37 pm »

If anyone has a work-around I'd love to hear about it!
Right. The error looks like a corrupted memory.xml file more than anything else. So, make sure you download the file, not open it with a browser and then save. It could be that you downloaded a newer file. I'm making some big changes to dfhack (and stonesense), so the new files might not even be compatible.

This is the latest compatible memory file: https://raw.github.com/peterix/dfhack/legacy/Memory.xml

grebote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:26 pm »

Hmm, that didn't work either. Same problem. I DL'ed it to the DFhack directory (which didn't work), then copied it to the Stonesense directory (No go).

I get a similar error when I run dfunstuck.exe too:

memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer
Anyway, if your making changes to the programs, it looks like my best bet is to wait for those unless the fix is obvious, which it doesn't appear to be. Thanks for trying and I'll look forward to the changes.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1594 on: August 04, 2011, 07:16:05 pm »

Hmm, that didn't work either. Same problem. I DL'ed it to the DFhack directory (which didn't work), then copied it to the Stonesense directory (No go).

I get a similar error when I run dfunstuck.exe too:

memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer
Anyway, if your making changes to the programs, it looks like my best bet is to wait for those unless the fix is obvious, which it doesn't appear to be. Thanks for trying and I'll look forward to the changes.
Are you running the legacy version of DF by chance? That won't work with DFHack.

grebote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 04, 2011, 07:33:59 pm »

I'm running 31.25, the lastest version.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 05, 2011, 12:50:07 am »

I'm running 31.25, the lastest version.
SDL?

grebote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 05, 2011, 07:03:57 am »

Yes, I'm running the SDL version as well.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1598 on: August 06, 2011, 01:13:38 pm »

grebote:
Well, I have no idea what's going on in there. I'm fairly close to a dfhack/stonesense release that should fix a lot of those silly errors. So, the best thing right now would be to wait a bit for that.

grebote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 06, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »

Sounds good Peterix, I'm looking forward to it!

Sentenza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 08, 2011, 08:47:42 pm »

Hi there.

I'm a Dabbling AutoIt coder (similar to AHK), and I've managed to get a code working that implements http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Exploratory_mining#Diagonal_every_5 on an entire layer, but it takes... oh, about half an hour or so :P

I started looking for tools to do this a *bit* quicker, and tried out your dfvdig.exe, and found that while it does something so much more complicated (designating only a particular vein), it does it instantly, so I would assume laying out an exploratory dig grid would take it mere seconds, if it were meant to do so.

At any rate, my question is two fold: Is there a way to do what I'm looking for with dfvdig.exe? And if not, would you consider implementing this feature?

Oh, and no matter what, kudos, great work!

Kind regards,
Sentenza

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 08, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »

Hi there.

I'm a Dabbling AutoIt coder (similar to AHK), and I've managed to get a code working that implements http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Exploratory_mining#Diagonal_every_5 on an entire layer, but it takes... oh, about half an hour or so :P

I started looking for tools to do this a *bit* quicker, and tried out your dfvdig.exe, and found that while it does something so much more complicated (designating only a particular vein), it does it instantly, so I would assume laying out an exploratory dig grid would take it mere seconds, if it were meant to do so.

At any rate, my question is two fold: Is there a way to do what I'm looking for with dfvdig.exe? And if not, would you consider implementing this feature?

Oh, and no matter what, kudos, great work!

Kind regards,
Sentenza
Would be easy to recode.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1602 on: August 09, 2011, 04:48:15 am »

Hi there.

Would be easy to recode.
Not with vdig, because it's based on floodfills, but it would be fairly easy to do any of the digging patterns from that page. Even the one with the ramps going through multiple z-levels.

Sentenza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:40 am »

Would be easy to recode.
Not with vdig, because it's based on floodfills, but it would be fairly easy to do any of the digging patterns from that page. Even the one with the ramps going through multiple z-levels.

Fairly easy, you say? :P

Do you mean that I should get working, and I'll manage it-fairly-easy, or that next time you have time and Urist McPrissyPants isn't demanding your attention you'll whip it together in an hour or so-faily-easy?

Edit: So far I've looked at the code, and I kinda get the idea with the MCache->setDesignation, but all the flood.stuff and the fact that I know no C++ whatsoever makes me think you didn't intend for me to get this to work.

Oh, and when I build I get a set of .exp, .lib, .pdb, .plug.dll, .plug.ilk and .plug.pdb files, not .exe's, so I couldn't even get anywhere if I could get a code together that might work...

Are there some more in depth/detailed build instructions somewhere, aimed at non professional coders?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:52:58 am by Sentenza »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1604 on: August 09, 2011, 02:05:28 pm »

Do you mean that I should get working, and I'll manage it-fairly-easy, or that next time you have time and Urist McPrissyPants isn't demanding your attention you'll whip it together in an hour or so-faily-easy?

Edit: So far I've looked at the code, and I kinda get the idea with the MCache->setDesignation, but all the flood.stuff and the fact that I know no C++ whatsoever makes me think you didn't intend for me to get this to work.
Well, you decide :)
Oh, and when I build I get a set of .exp, .lib, .pdb, .plug.dll, .plug.ilk and .plug.pdb files, not .exe's, so I couldn't even get anywhere if I could get a code together that might work...

Are there some more in depth/detailed build instructions somewhere, aimed at non professional coders?
You already have something built, so that's cool :)

Anyway, the new dfhack I've been working on has no executable binaries, because it adds plugins to DF instead. If you follow the COMPILE doc, you should end up with dfhack installed in a DF folder and it will add a new window to DF when you run it. Look at the README for some info on how to use it. I'm very close to a release with this, basically polishing things and adding help options.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108