Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108]

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 386001 times)

Sentenza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1605 on: August 09, 2011, 05:10:39 pm »

Do you mean that I should get working, and I'll manage it-fairly-easy, or that next time you have time and Urist McPrissyPants isn't demanding your attention you'll whip it together in an hour or so-faily-easy?

Edit: So far I've looked at the code, and I kinda get the idea with the MCache->setDesignation, but all the flood.stuff and the fact that I know no C++ whatsoever makes me think you didn't intend for me to get this to work.
Well, you decide :)
Oh, and when I build I get a set of .exp, .lib, .pdb, .plug.dll, .plug.ilk and .plug.pdb files, not .exe's, so I couldn't even get anywhere if I could get a code together that might work...

Are there some more in depth/detailed build instructions somewhere, aimed at non professional coders?
You already have something built, so that's cool :)

Anyway, the new dfhack I've been working on has no executable binaries, because it adds plugins to DF instead. If you follow the COMPILE doc, you should end up with dfhack installed in a DF folder and it will add a new window to DF when you run it. Look at the README for some info on how to use it. I'm very close to a release with this, basically polishing things and adding help options.

I kinda missed the "into DF Folder" thing :)

But I can't get anything done in c++, syntax errors and stuff, I even fail at getting a for loop done properly.

I give up, too frustrating, and Urist McNoblePants has an appointment, with a blind cave troll...

At any rate, thanks a lot for everything, I'm looking forward to your work :P

umphy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 10, 2011, 02:31:41 am »

It would be awesome if you could write a tool that allows one to place vegetation for parks and gardens on constructed tiles, or on obsidian tiles created with DFLiquids.  I can't get trees and grass to grow up on top of my obsidian tower :(

Anyway thanks for all your work, using DFhack to speed things up and do things I always wanted to in DF has totally revitalized my enjoyment of the game.  Especially magma forges and river sources for tons of cool waterfalls.  Cheers man.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 11, 2011, 04:10:24 am »

Peterix, i'm loving your DFHack so far.  But i am spooked by your upcoming release.  Will it be difficult to port old programs using DFHack to your new modular system?

I'm using DFHack in linux to grab all the dwarves from DF with DFTerm2 on it.  The dwarves are shoved into php for a "Dwarf Therapist" like application used through the web browser.  This way DFTerm2 players can all share a therapist-like view. 

I've read through the changes to the compile and readme docs.  But i haven't had time to play with your latest modular version.  Since my DF is executed by DFTerm2 and running in TEXT mode, will the DFHack console interfere with anything?  I like the idea of giving the DFTerm2 players access to DFHack utilities through putty (or whatever client they are using) but i'd like to continue executing utilities remotely.. as stand alone executables.  Right now PHP runs the DFHack utilities and pipes the output (after some formatting) to the browser.  This is what it looks like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is your advice?  Thank you for your great work :)
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 11, 2011, 05:02:28 am »

as far as I know, DFhack is configured to not mess up the console when running DF in text mode.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1609 on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:14 am »

Peterix, i'm loving your DFHack so far.  But i am spooked by your upcoming release.  Will it be difficult to port old programs using DFHack to your new modular system?

I'm using DFHack in linux to grab all the dwarves from DF with DFTerm2 on it.  The dwarves are shoved into php for a "Dwarf Therapist" like application used through the web browser.  This way DFTerm2 players can all share a therapist-like view. 

I've read through the changes to the compile and readme docs.  But i haven't had time to play with your latest modular version.  Since my DF is executed by DFTerm2 and running in TEXT mode, will the DFHack console interfere with anything?  I like the idea of giving the DFTerm2 players access to DFHack utilities through putty (or whatever client they are using) but i'd like to continue executing utilities remotely.. as stand alone executables.  Right now PHP runs the DFHack utilities and pipes the output (after some formatting) to the browser.  This is what it looks like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is your advice?  Thank you for your great work :)
That's some really awesome stuff I wish I knew about earlier! I'd certainly include support for it in the design. Can I get the code from somewhere to mess with it a bit?

Right now the console detects if DF runs in TEXT mode and doesn't take over. The only way to interact with dfhack then is to use the hotkeys (only F1-F8 due to the limitations of TEXT mode).

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 11, 2011, 09:00:35 pm »

Even eight hotkeys is great.  It's no problem to send you the utility.  I'll admit i designed it tailored to my setup but it won't be hard to pull out hardcoded stuff and make a config file.  I'll work on that as the project continues.. it's still pretty early and rough. 

I used your creaturedump.cpp example and modified it so that it only output dwarves based on argv flags.  I have yet to dive much into DFHack internal stuff.  The most i've done is convert some cerr into cout in DFProcess-linux.cpp because php doesn't deal well with it.  Even redirecting error output to standard output wasn't working quite right in php.

After this utility i'm going to make a dwarf visualizer of sorts.  Using your DFHack, i'd like to extract all the physical characteristics and descriptions of a dwarf and render him/her from a pile of pre-drawn dwarf parts (php has some great image manipulation tools).  Then dress the dwarf up with whatever wonderful socks and weapons they have in their inventory.  Their current job/action could also be part of the rendering.. eating/drinking/sleeping.  The images will be rendered in realtime from data pulled from the community fort.  So if you were to put the image into your blog, homepage, or whatever.. your dwarf should change (like losing limbs and eyes) as the game is played via DFTerm2 by other people.  Then i'd like to put some statistics and story telling elements on top of that.. like who they've killed.. a list of all engravings, statues, and items that mention their name.  This way when you dwarf yourself in game.. you'll have almost like an avatar or "status report" of your guy.

Anyways, i love your work.  It has opened up many many doors.  I hope that more people will develop using your great library in the months/years to come.  When the Therapist/Analyst utility is done-ish, i'll send you the DFHack utility code and php files.  After all, my work could not exist without yours :)
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)
« Reply #1611 on: August 14, 2011, 08:08:51 pm »

Hello everyone!

I finally got to release the new DFHack, hopefully without too many bugs. See the new thread for further info.

From now on, this thread is meant for the legacy branch of DFHack only.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #1612 on: December 04, 2011, 06:05:09 pm »

I feel like a noob, but how do you use DF hack. More specifically, how do you use the clean function?
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Sentenza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 04, 2011, 08:30:25 pm »

shadus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »

I noted there was a release of the memory.xml for 34.01 in legacy, any chance we could get an update for that to 34.05?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 08, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »

Just out of curiosity, why are you after legacy instead of current?

Either way, if legacy isn't being maintained as aggressively, you might only get a legacy update when Toady stops releasing bugfixes and the releases settle down.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1616 on: March 08, 2012, 11:18:24 pm »

I noted there was a release of the memory.xml for 34.01 in legacy, any chance we could get an update for that to 34.05?
That's very unlikely to happen. 34.01 was added only so that the incremental memory search tool runs.

Actually it would be interesting, because some of the other tools still depend on memory.xml.... but I wouldn't be releasing new legacy releases. Just the file so things like runesmith can continue to work.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:23:17 pm by peterix »

shadus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 09, 2012, 01:18:17 am »

@peterix - That's understandable since it's legacy.  The memory.xml definitely be a huge help for things like runesmith, I know in his application thread the author said he's busy doing a dissertation and doesn't have time to work on finding the offsets at the moment, it would be neat if there was an easy way to export a memory.xml from the live version of dfhack so it wouldn't have to be done separately every update.  "This is what I know of memory offsets, dump it to a legacy compatible format" kinda thing.  Even if it wasn't perfect it'd be a good starting point.

@Girlinhat - Actually, I was spending a few hours tinkering with trying to get runesmith to work and I noticed there was an updated memory.xml (34.01) in the legacy branch, so figured I'd ask about it.  Generally no harm in asking, I greatly appreciate what all these guys do from toady all the way down the line to all the big and little apps and mods that make the game more interesting and diverse.  I actually wish I knew enough to contribute myself, but I'm a sysadmin not a programmer... I understand how to dig through a file and change the values to modify things and how to poke memory address locations to change the values of things in memory, but I'm at a bit of a loss on how to get from a memory or file location address to an offset that most save game editors/applications use.  (Eg: I know enough to be dangerous and frustrate myself, but not quite enough to be useful.)

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 31, 2013, 12:36:02 pm »

Posted here by mistake, sorry!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:40:22 pm by Aaarrgh! »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108]