Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What Value is Life?  (Read 3063 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Value is Life?
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2010, 09:54:01 pm »

I think one way to find the true value of life is to go out and find a ant hill. Than dig, dig deep into the soil and watch and see what you dig up. Dig until you find a nursery full of wiggling ant babies and observe. Ants will come out to protect their young and will futilely try to protect them from something that is a billion times there size.

In the love of the ants for the larva you will find the value of life.

Some may need to try this with critters they can identify with better.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:45 pm »

This thread is entirely too deep for it to be Bay12...

I agree. The value of a beings life is it's respect for other life. A hunter respects its prey, A theif respects its target somewhat, a murderer less so, and a rapist least of all. And if you notice, that seems to be in order of severity, at least, to most people. They are all pretty far apart though.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »

Heh, I just saw Unthinkable and it had something to do with this topic!  It was about the rights of a terrorist and stuff and Sam L. Jackson.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 10:11:14 pm »

Strong wine and a soft bed, cool silk and a warm woman.

Okay, having just had two glasses and given four big gasps I'm really going to double down on this assertion.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:56:59 pm by Nikov »
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 04:43:58 pm »

It's a tough question. It's less than valueless if it's your enemy, but priceless if it's a close friend. Or maybe even yourself. Depends on what you'd die for.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]