Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Board Game - OPENINGS AVAILABLE! APPLY WITHIN!  (Read 19487 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

Who wants to play a forum board game of Battlestar Galactica? You won't need the actual board game to play. I'll use images to show you where your pieces are (they have a neat program for that), and I'll draw your cards for you and PM them to you. They do this on Board Game Geeks all the time (check that site for a .pdf of the rules to the game, as well).

To sign up, just pick one of the 10 characters. We have a limit of six.

PLAYERS

1. Admiral Saul Tigh (Org)
2. "Chief" Galen Tyrol (NOW OPEN APPLY WITHIN)
3. Starbuck (Ein)
4. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii (Criptfiend)
5. Tom Zarek (LordMelvin)
6. President Gaius Baltar (EagleV)

BRIEF CARD RUNDOWN

These are some of the cards in your hand. When you play them, make sure you list their number and name. Remember that you want to keep most of them for secret use during Crisis Phases.

Launch Scout (Purple 1s and 2s) - Risk 1 raptor to roll a die. If 3 or higher, look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck and place it on the top or bottom. If you fail the roll (roll a 1 or 2), the raptor is destroyed, and you don't get anything.

Strategic Planning (Purple 3-5s) - Play before you roll a die to add a 2 to the result. You can only use one of the per die roll.

Executive Order (Green 1s and 2s) - Potentially the most powerful card. As an action, you can choose another player. He may move his character and the take 1 action OR stay where he is and take 2 actions. You can only use one of these per turn (which means he can't use his second action to XO the next player in a semi-infinite loop).

Declare Emergency (Green 3-5s): After strength is totaled in a skill check in order to reduce its difficult by 2. You can only use one of these per skill check, but it's useful if it will just barely nudge you over the top (I've never seen anyone use it, though, since Leadership is the most common card, and these are individually worth more than 2 on their own, meaning that saving it for use is operating at a loss in most cases).

Repair (Blue 1s and 2s): As an action, you can fix damage to the Galactica where you are standing. If you're in the Hangar Deck, you can use this to fix 2 damaged (not destroyed) Vipers, instead.

Scientific Research (Blue 3-5s): Before anybody plays any cards into a check, you can play this to make all blue cards count as positive instead of negative (this is only useful if the Crisis does not already accept blue cards).

Consolidate Power (Yellow 1s and 2s): As an action, draw 2 skill cards of any type, even if they are not in your skill set.

Investigative Committee (Yellow 3-5s): Play before cards are added to a skill check. All Skill Cards are played up during this skill check, including those from the Destiny Deck (Which means everybody can see what you're playing, and whether or not you're trying to screw the check).

Evasive Maneuvers (Red 1s and 2s): After a Viper is attacked, play this to force a reroll of the attack die. If the viper is piloted, subtract 2 from the new roll.

Maximum Firepower (Red 3-5s): As an action, play this to instantly attack 4 times (as long as you're actually in a Viper).

Board Game Geek has a list of the rooms and locations on their site. Here's a download link (Word Document)

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/3fm82frz43/Battlestar_Galactica_Tips_and_Locations.doc?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:46:13 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Board Game
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:35:42 pm »

I win.

I will take Saul Tigh or whatever.

Hehe. Sal-ty

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »

Good choice. I took him in my first ever game and won a Cylon victory after being declared President for Life (Other Cylon gave me Vice President, then when he revealed it went to Lee Adama. I was sleeper, and took it from Lee with a Crisis Card. Then I was such a great guy, that everybody put absolute faith in me, especially Lee Adama who was the most trustworthy guy at the table. I ended up brigging everybody except him).
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:38:05 pm »

Also, Link. I am lazy
Read tomorrow.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:05 pm »

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37111/battlestar-galactica

Look around there for the rules. We're not using expansion for this round.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 11:08:15 pm »

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Battlestar_Galactica/bsg_rulebook_web.pdf

And there's the rulebook.

Maybe I will play, I dunno.

EDIT: In.

Oh yeah, I'm going to be Gaius Baltar.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:46:34 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:29:03 pm »

Looks fun, but I can't find a list of characters.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 11:35:14 pm »

Saul Tigh is taken, so you have a list of nine:

William Adama
Lee Adama
Starbuck
Ellen Tigh
Helo Agathon
Gaius Baltar
Sharon Valerii
Galen Tyrol
Laura Roslin
Tom Zarek

If you want to know the special abilities + flaw for them, just ask. Laura Roslin and William Adama are first in line for President and Admiral, respectively. If nobody takes William Adama, Saul Tigh is admiral.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »

I'll be Galen Tyrol, and yeah can I know his flaws and special abilities?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:05:33 am by Dervin »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 12:17:50 am »

Galen Tyrol
Maintenance Engineer: During your turn, after you use a "Repair" Skill Card, you may take another action (once per turn).
Blind Devotion: Once per game, after cards have been added to a Skill Check (but before revealing them), you may choose a skill type. All cards of the chosen type are considered strength 0.
Reckless: Your hand limit is 8 (instead of 10)

Skills: 1 Politics, 2 Leadership, 2 Engineering

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 12:51:10 am »

Thanks.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 03:41:41 am »

I'll take Starbuck.

Doopliss

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPULSIVE_EDITS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 10:10:48 am »

I think the boardgamegeek ones actually do require you to have the board for legal reasons, and don't actually tell you what the cards do...

Not entirely sure about joining this, since my game group always had problems with this game... (Certainly nothing to do with having to pick a political leader if I join now, no sir)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 11:16:18 am »

What are Saul's flaws/stuff?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 12:35:01 pm »

And what is Gaius's flaws and fluff?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25