Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Board Game - OPENINGS AVAILABLE! APPLY WITHIN!  (Read 19491 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Board Game
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 12:44:07 pm »

I think the boardgamegeek ones actually do require you to have the board for legal reasons, and don't actually tell you what the cards do...

Don't worry, I've got it covered.

Saul Tigh:
Cylon Hatred: When a player activates the 'Admiral's Quarters' location, you may choose to lower the difficulty by three. (Grake note: That means it's easier to brig people you don't like, ESPECIALLY Starbuck.)
Declare Martial Law - Action: Once per game, give the Presidency to the Admiral.
Alcoholic: At the start of any player's turn, if you have exactly one skill card left in your hand, you must discard it.
2 Leadership, 3 Tactics

Gaius Baltar:
Delusional Intuition: After you draw a Crisis Card, draw 1 Skill Card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set).
Cylon Detector - Action: Once per game, you may look at all Loyalty Cards belonging to another player.
Coward: At the start of the game you draw Two Loyalty Cards instead of Three. (Grakenote: This means you'll have three loyalty cards at the end of the Sleeper Phase)
2 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Engineering

Starbuck:
Expert Pilot: When piloting a Viper, you may take two actions per turn instead of one.
Secret Destiny: Once per game, immediately after a Crisis Card is drawn, discard it and draw a new one.
Insubordinate: When a player targets you with the Admiral's Quarters, reduce the difficulty by three.
2 Tactics. 2 Piloting, 2 Leadership/Engineering
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:29 pm »

I want this to stay near the top, at least til we have a full compliment of players, so I'll perform the travesty of a bump.

It's do-able with only three (four? Is inteuniso in?) people, though, so if nobody else joins, it'll be all good.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 08:51:23 pm »

I will play yo, let me look over the rules.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »

What are "Boomer's" and "Apollo's" stats?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 11:47:00 pm »

Boomer:
Recon: At the end of your turn, you may look at the top card of the Crisis Deck and place it on top or bottom (free scouting!)
Mysterious Intuition: Once per game, before resolving a skill check on a Crisis Card, choose the result (Pass or Fail), instead of resolving it normally.
Sleeper Agent - During the Sleeper Agent Phase, you are dealt 2 Loyalty Cards (instead of 1), and then moved to the "Brig" location.
2 Tactics, 2 Piloting, 1 Engineering

Apollo:
Alert Viper Pilot: When a viper is placed in a space area from the Reserves, you may choose to pilot it and take 1 action. You may only do this when you are on a Galactica location, excluding the Brig.
CAG - Action: Once per game, you may activate up to 6 unmanned vipers (Grake note: There are only 8 vipers, so this means you will probably activate all available vipers)
Headstrong: When you are forced to discard skill cards, you must discard randomly
1 Tactics, 2 Piloting, 2 Leadership/Politics
Also of Note: Apollo starts out in a viper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:59 pm »

I will be the boomer.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 04:13:32 pm »

If nobody else joins in soon, we'll go with four people.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 07:48:58 pm »

Thats cool.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 09:55:27 pm »

Last call, I'll be starting tomorrow with whoever we have.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 10:01:58 pm »

Do it.

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »

Can I join in as Zarek?
This space unintentionally left blank.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 11:30:53 pm »

One space available, starting tomorrow! Once we start, you'll be locked out, so hurry hurry hurry!

In the meantime, Org will be taking the first turn. So pick your three starting cards (out of the choice of the 5 you normally get at the start of every turn, listed on the bottom of the skill card I wrote out for you).

Unless somebody else joins with William Adama, Laura Roslin, or Gaius Baltar, then Saul Tigh (Org) will be Admiral and Tom Zarek (LordMelvin) will be President.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:07 am »

Scrap that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:10:49 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 08:28:05 am »

Also, meant to ask, what's Zarek's character card say? Do I gain a bonus to launching bloody revolutions and/or getting Gaeta airlocked?
This space unintentionally left blank.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 09:07:43 am »

If it doesn't matter I know next to nothing about Battlestar Galactica, I'd like to join. The rules look great. Let me check the available characters.

And... I'll be Baltar. (Do you mean 'take 2 loyalty cards instead of 1'?)

Already am Baltar. Sorry.

EDIT: Which is odd, because I'm not listed on-screen.

Considering I requested info on him, and claimed him.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25