Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Board Game - OPENINGS AVAILABLE! APPLY WITHIN!  (Read 19495 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Board Game
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 09:10:07 am »

Ah, I see. I didn't read your post, only saw that Grakelin posted 'if someone is William Adama, Laura Roslin, or Gaius Baltar'

Also, that means there are six of you without me playing, but I will definitely watch.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 09:19:16 am »

One space available, starting tomorrow! Once we start, you'll be locked out, so hurry hurry hurry!

In the meantime, Org will be taking the first turn. So pick your three starting cards (out of the choice of the 5 you normally get at the start of every turn, listed on the bottom of the skill card I wrote out for you).

Unless somebody else joins with William Adama, Laura Roslin, or Gaius Baltar, then Saul Tigh (Org) will be Admiral and Tom Zarek (LordMelvin) will be President.
1 Leadership, 2 Tactics please.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 12:59:34 pm »

Sorry about that, int, I must have simply glossed over your edit. Eagle will be on the waiting list in case anybody drops out. I'm distributing the cards now!

EDIT: BTW

Gaius:
Delusional Intuition: After you draw a Crisis Card, draw 1 skill card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set)
Cylon Detector - Action: Once per game, you may look at all Loyalty Cards belonging to another player.
Coward - You start the game with 2 Loyalty Cards (Instead of 1) (Grake note: That means your chance of being Cylon is slightly higher at game start, though there will still be the same amount of them)
2 Politics 1 Leadership 1 Engineering

Zarek:
Friends in Low Places - When a player activates the "Administration" or the "Brig" location, you may choose to reduce or increase the difficulty by 2.
Unconventional Tactics - Action: Once per game, lose 1 population to gain 1 of any other resource type.
Convicted Criminal - You may not activate locations occupied by other characters (except the Brig)
2 politics, 2 leadership, 1 tactics.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:13:51 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 02:01:29 pm »

Alright, the cards are distributed, and we're ready to begin:

CURRENT LOCATIONS
Admiral Saul (Org): Command
Tyrol (Dervin): Hangar Deck
Starbuck (Ein): Hangar Deck
Boomer (Criptfiend): Armory
Zarek (LordMelvin): Administration (Colonial One)
President Baltar (inteuniso): Research Lab

NUKE TOKENS: 2

QUORUM DRAWN: 1

JUMP TRACK: 0 (Out of 5)

DISTANCE: 0

There is a Basestar and three Cylon Raiders in front of the ship, 2 civilian ships behind us, and a viper in each of the spaces below us. I'll work on getting an image up.

For now, Saul, take a movement and an action.

I've set up a list of what the individual cards do in the first post. For those who haven't played before (and if you're reading the list, that's probably you) take note that after Saul's action, he's going to draw a CRISIS card, and you might want to save some of your cards for that. The number is how much the card will help or hinder your skill check in the Crisis.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:15:56 pm by Grakelin »
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 02:36:26 pm »

We better take down those cylons, admiral.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 03:24:50 pm »

So, am I correct in believing that blatant lies like, "I saw his PMs! Baltar is a Cylon Sympathizer!" are acceptable play tactics? (hypothetically, of course. It's actually Tyrol. I mean Tigh. I mean Boomer...)
This space unintentionally left blank.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 03:27:04 pm »

Well, looking at other people's PMs (or showing them to other people) are a no-no, but you can feel free to accuse people of all sorts of shit at any time.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 09:39:39 pm »

I can saywhat I am going to do, right?
Or pm?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 10:19:27 pm »

Say it here, only secret things are PM (and moving your playing piece isn't secret).

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »

Where can i move?
On my ipod. :p

I play the scout card.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 11:50:27 pm »

The word document I placed on the OP has all the rooms.

Listing all of the rooms in order in a post is going to be fairly exhaustive. Please look at the list.

Please don't forget to list the number of the card you play down. I supplied everybody numbers in their PMs. This is important, because people will want to know if you're playing down a Strategic Planning that's worth 3, or a Strategic Planning worth 5.

Either way, you got a 2, so the Raptor is lost. :(

I'll wait for you to make a movement before I reveal your Crisis Card.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:53:18 pm by Grakelin »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2010, 12:47:46 am »

Can i play a strategic planning to raise the scout role?

Move to research lab. Tactics.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2010, 01:31:56 am »

Strategic Planning (Purple 3-5s) - Play before you roll a die to add a 2 to the result. You can only use one of the per die roll.

I would suggest carefully reading everything before making actions. You don't get cards from the Research Lab because you already took an action with the Scout. You are now at the Research Lab. I am now drawing the first Crisis Card.

Word has leaked out that Cylons may be infiltrating the Fleet. The frightened survivors of Caprica start rushing about, desperately trying to find them. Can our Command Crew restore order?

Crisis Card
10 - Witch Hunt
Pass: No Effect
6+: -1 Morale
Fail: -1 Morale. Current player chooses a character and moves him to Sickbay.
Heavy Raiders                    Jump Track
Yellow and Green

I'm going to ask for interrupts first, if anybody wants to play a Scientific Research or an Investigative Committee, now is the time to do so. If you DON'T want to interrupt, please respond 'no interrupts', so that I know you're not interested in interrupted and we can keep things moving. If everybody capable of interrupting (those with yellow and blue cards) post, we'll move on to the skill check phase. Otherwise, we'll move on anyway tomorrow evening.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:43:26 am by Grakelin »

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 07:48:30 am »

I'll throw an Investigative Comittee 3, if it's okay with you.

I'll also play it if it's not okay. So there...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:13:28 am by LordMelvin »
This space unintentionally left blank.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 12:05:20 pm »

Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:48:31 pm by Dervin »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25