Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 103609 times)

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #435 on: June 19, 2010, 06:32:16 am »

That's possible, because there seem to be people where overworked dwarves never starve to death (like me).

Had some close calls with dehydration. They barely made it to the stockpile and I'm pretty sure they would have died, if I hadn't stepped in and canceled their work.
The only fatality was that dorf in prison. Despite having a food stockpile with booze and plump helmets, he decided to die of thirst. He was "on break" and refused to interrupt this for a drink. Good riddance.

But should dwarfs in prison really go "on break" ?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 19, 2010, 06:51:48 am »

Hey man, even prisoners need some time in the yard.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 19, 2010, 07:11:22 am »

More like a hunger strike. A non violent protest against, ahem against ...

against what ? that prison has to be the most luxurious room in my whole fortress. with 2 artifact chains. 
he showed me, well done!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:13:09 am by wurli »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 19, 2010, 09:48:16 am »

That's possible, because there seem to be people where overworked dwarves never starve to death (like me).

Had some close calls with dehydration. They barely made it to the stockpile and I'm pretty sure they would have died, if I hadn't stepped in and canceled their work.
The only fatality was that dorf in prison. Despite having a food stockpile with booze and plump helmets, he decided to die of thirst. He was "on break" and refused to interrupt this for a drink. Good riddance.

But should dwarfs in prison really go "on break" ?

Probably related to the not cancelling partyinhg to even eat or drink, although you would think there would be food and drink at a party, but whatever. Should be fixed next version.

Also I think people had that issue sometimes with prisions in 40D, wasn't related to the current overworking while not grabbing food or drink issue though.

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 19, 2010, 11:18:00 am »

First of all nice release Toady the Linux version works wonderfully.

I have no wood cutter since he died of dehydration and I enabled the wood cutting labor to my carpenter.

I checked his inventory and he doesn't have an axe.

I am wondering if I need an arsenal dwarf to fix this problem.

any ideas?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2010, 12:29:17 pm »

Out of the blue, one of my soldiers threw a tantrum and started a fist fight.

With a tiger. A trained war tiger.

My favorite saying when I'm amped up is "I feel like wrestling a tiger". Looks like that one took it to heart.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »

I have no wood cutter since he died of dehydration and I enabled the wood cutting labor to my carpenter.

I checked his inventory and he doesn't have an axe.

I am wondering if I need an arsenal dwarf to fix this problem.

Well... if you check the nobles screen, and the Arsenal Dwarf position is available and unfilled, then by all means fill it.  You'll need to do that eventually no matter what.  If the position doesn't exist yet, then you should be OK.

Make sure there is actually an un-forbidden axe somewhere for the dwarf to grab.

Finally, make sure the would-be woodcutter isn't busy doing something else.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #442 on: June 19, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »

Praise Armok!

You may remember the sad tale of our desperate attempt to survive after our civilization was completely destroyed, with only 14 of us holed up together. Fourteen years later, Armok has blessed us with 18 wonderful children and not one death, and we have survived four different hideous monsters that have risen up from the deep. After he sent inspiration to our stoneworker in the form of a magnificent statue depicting one of our war tigers tearing out the throat of a hated enemy, we knew that it was time to dedicate our efforts to honoring him.

It is not so large as the cathedrals of the Mountainhomes that we so fondly remember, but there are so few of us, and those who would undo us are so many... may Armok let their blood pour into the magma.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 19, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »

Very nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2010, 05:04:54 pm »

A little girl just planepacked a silver goblet with 121 components, including two whole horse skeletons  ???

And apparently she knows more about our history than the legendary engravers, as I saw some new info in the description, and lots of worms and toy hammers. Kids will be kids.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2010, 08:55:52 pm »

A little girl just planepacked a silver goblet with 121 components, including two whole horse skeletons  ???

Thank you, now I will be forever wondering how anyone, let alone a little girl, gets two whole horse skeletons onto a silver goblet.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]