Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 102898 times)

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #420 on: June 18, 2010, 05:54:20 pm »

One of my dwarves just starved from overwork bug *sigh*

I know it's fixed in .07

And now they're hunting for vermin despite us having 168 plump helmets and there being 15 of them.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 18, 2010, 06:01:11 pm »

I think they do the scavenging for vermin when they are extremely starving, so I guess they worked until that kicked in.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 18, 2010, 06:02:39 pm »

They're dropping like flies and this is the first occurrence for me. :/
ENRAGED

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 18, 2010, 06:06:48 pm »

Yea, I'm waiting for the fix for that thing since I had to micromanage my dwarves so that they wouldn't get bad thoughts and to improve productivity a bunch of versions ago.

I really don't like micromanagement, which is why I wanted to wait. I know there is some micromanagement, but having to observe the dwarves and in effect be their brains was too much micromanagement for me.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 18, 2010, 06:10:08 pm »

insane

melancholy

insane

I'm in the process of ordering tombs for the survivors until the madness grips them too and the engraving of the fort's history so that it's sad story will not be forgotten, but nobody's doing work : (
ENRAGED

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 18, 2010, 06:16:40 pm »

And now they're hunting for vermin despite us having 168 plump helmets and there being 15 of them.
I just noticed that my modded dwarves refuse to eat anything but vermin, ever since I added a reaction to change stone to an edible extract. As in, they won't even eat normal meals. Frustrating.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2010, 06:20:56 pm »

I just noticed that my modded dwarves refuse to eat anything but vermin, ever since I added a reaction to change stone to an edible extract. As in, they won't even eat normal meals. Frustrating.

There was a similar report on the tracker.  Uploading a save might be very helpful.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2010, 06:24:18 pm »

I've just read that and I'm not sure if it's the same. It's as if all the dwarves are treating having no job, as a job. So they do no job till they hunt for vermin, starve and die.

EDIT: A couple of them have decided to eat and sleep and drink now. :/
ENRAGED

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2010, 06:27:59 pm »

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 18, 2010, 06:33:00 pm »

No. No burrows.

Hm, never used dffd before. Do you mind if I upload it tomorrow and pm you? It's really late where I am.

It may be that the problem is due to an oversight or mistake on my part, but then again maybe not.
ENRAGED

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 18, 2010, 06:35:10 pm »

Hm, never used dffd before. Do you mind if I upload it tomorrow and pm you? It's really late where I am.

That'd be peachy, although there's no urgency -- I just wanted to make sure you didn't abandon/delete it.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 18, 2010, 06:40:09 pm »

No I haven't abandoned it  :) I usually see things through to the bitter end if things go tits up. I'm surprised/impressed you guys take this much care and interest in possible bugs.
ENRAGED

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 18, 2010, 08:24:16 pm »

Hey everyone!

I played Dwarf Fortress about a year ago and had a lot of fun.
Seeing as there's a lot of new activity now, I'm eager to start playing again.
I just wanna ask you guys what version to use. Is there a new version just about to come out? If so, is it better to wait, for savegames sake?

Any recommendations for spritepacks? I think I played with something called maydays before which was kinda good, but if there's something better I'd rather try that.
I wouldn't recommend the 0.31.xx versions yet to anyone unless they are feeling a burning urge to bugtest.  They still have a few serious issues that are hard or impossible to work around, a load of military bugs being one big thing.  The older 40d version is better for just casual funtimes with dwarven forts, for now.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 18, 2010, 08:59:49 pm »

I've confirmed that none of my modded-in humans will eat plants or prepared meals (or tallow or raw meat), even when locked in with them. They'll drink normally, but starve to death if they don't catch vermin. They do NOT have the verminhunter tag.

I thought at first it was the reaction that was the problem.
I've made a bunch of changes to basically everything, but I've narrowed the problem down to entity or creature, since switching back to regular dwarves has them chomping away merrily on prepared cow hearts, plump helmet soup, and so on.

There's nothing in the human creature that says what they eat, though. And their entity says it's ok to kill plants and animals, and use animal products. Hmm. Is it possible that this, and other bugs like "dwarves starve to death working" (which I've never had), are founded on some underlying bug where under certain conditions, dwarves stop recognising any proper food as food?

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 19, 2010, 03:33:24 am »

That's possible, because there seem to be people where overworked dwarves never starve to death (like me).
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30