Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Awesome map repository?

(1/1)

K4el:
There used to be a great thread on this, what happened? Did it die out with the 40d-31 transition?

Retro:
Sorta. Thing is that when water, underground flora/fauna, magma, map height / depth and awesome beasts are present at every site, you can basically choose wherever you want and get everything.

K4el:
Well, i think there's more to be said for interesting formations etc. Cool river vallies, waterfalls. Basically interesting terrain formations.

AtomicPaperclip:

--- Quote from: Retro on June 09, 2010, 05:20:06 pm ---Sorta. Thing is that when water, underground flora/fauna, magma, map height / depth and awesome beasts are present at every site, you can basically choose wherever you want and get everything.

--- End quote ---

Kinda made every map really boring. I liked how in 40d you had to pick and choose your resources. I also miss bottomless pits, chasms, etc.

derekiv:

--- Quote from: AtomicPaperclip on June 09, 2010, 11:38:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Retro on June 09, 2010, 05:20:06 pm ---Sorta. Thing is that when water, underground flora/fauna, magma, map height / depth and awesome beasts are present at every site, you can basically choose wherever you want and get everything.

--- End quote ---

Kinda made every map really boring. I liked how in 40d you had to pick and choose your resources. I also miss bottomless pits, chasms, etc.

--- End quote ---
They're still in hell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version