Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 1300 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is this?
« on: August 11, 2010, 08:25:20 am »

Since there is no sticky with the rules or something i don't know almost anything about this. I tried looking for some helpful threads and just looked in games but I didn't learn much. So I was hoping that someone could explain to me what is RTD.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:28:50 am »

It is a "Roll to Dodge". There are players, and a game master. The players post actions, and the game master rolls a die to determine the extent of their success.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:29:43 am »

Or failure
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:30:00 am »

It's just like a regular forum game, only instead of the GM just making it the way it is, its supplemented with chance... still some story, mostly

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:32:49 am »

Or failure

Yes. Traditionally, critical successes, like a roll of Six, and critical failures, like a roll of One, are given hilarious consequences in comedic games. For (a mundane) example, you may post "I attempt to remove your shirt". Your roll is a Six. You succeed in removing your shirt so hard that your pants come with it. And also your skin. And organs.

That is an exaggeration.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 08:34:24 am »

So I can create any game I like but chances have to be involved?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 08:36:32 am »

Yeah, pretty much. You can look up any of the other RTDs on the board to see how they do it; usually the GM uses a six-sided die, and there is usually a loose story or at the very least a setting.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 08:37:51 am »

Oh goody! I'll get thinking a game right away! It might not be RTD though.
1 more thing. If I put it under RTD does it have to be chances with dice or can it be any chances.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:39:36 am by ottottott »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 08:44:24 am »

If you come up with a game not involving dice or chance that's fine but you should put it in the forum games and roleplaying section. Hope that helps