Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: USDF Spaceship RTD (Ended.)  (Read 54148 times)

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
Re: USDF Spaceship RTD
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:38:25 pm »

I vote we call it the Oberon! Here's my sheet. Also, it's Alpha Centauri.

Name: Nimitz
Position: Left gunner
Skills: Turret and Rifle
History:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:59:34 pm by Nimitz »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:23 pm »

Quick question: Given how advanced the two civilizations are, how much do they rely on terrestrial military forces anymore? Or phrased another way, how much are you ripping off Halo?  :P

ED: Since Nimitz posted a sheet first, is it possible to hang on as non-essential crew, or do I just sign on the waiting list? (I was thinking of getting cannon/driver and driving the jeep anyway :P)

ED2: I do have a couple suggestions for the name, though:

USDF Fashionably Late
USDF Just A Flesh Wound
USDF Flying Deathtrap
USDF Consider This a Mutiny
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:30:30 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:19 pm »

If we do get other crew, does that mean the guys on the bridge are stuck there? :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

What? USDF? Like in battlezone?
No, USDF=United Sol Defense Force.

I vote we call it the Oberon! Here's my sheet. Also, it's Alpha Centauri.
Alpha Centauri...?

*Cries*

Quick question: Given how advanced the two civilizations are, how much do they rely on terrestrial military forces anymore? Or phrased another way, how much are you ripping off Halo?  :P

ED: Since Nimitz posted a sheet first, is it possible to hang on as non-essential crew, or do I just sign on the waiting list? (I was thinking of getting cannon/driver and driving the jeep anyway :P)
Well, the Xecobia never landed on any planets yet, just glassed them. So we don't really rely on ground forces. :P

No non-essential crew. You're on the waiting list.

Turn up sometime, feeling drained right now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »

waitlist me
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 08:33:24 pm »

Just in case someone misunderstands my profile, I didn't join the USDF at 15. :P

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:56 pm »

So when do we learn how to drive hover tanks made out of biometal?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: USDF Spaceship RTD (Turn 0: off to Luyten 726-8 we go!)
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:12 pm »

So when do we learn how to drive hover tanks made out of biometal?
Never.

Turn 0: off to Luyten 726-8 we go!

Thomas (IronyOwl) is in an officer's bar, talking with other officers, Thomas can see Drake, Admiral of the USDF. A war veteran.

Suddenly, a man enters the room and rushes to Drake.

Captain Minic:
"Sir!"

Admiral Drake: "Minic?"

Captain Minic: "Sir, we've got Xecobia on the radar."

Admiral Drake:
"Where?"

Captain Minic: "Near Pluto."

Admiral Drake: "...And how strong are they?"

Captain Minic: "They outnumber us 3 to 1, sir."

Drake grabs the loudspeaker.

Admiral Drake: "Alright boys, we're outnumbered 3 to 1, the poor bastards. Get your ships, this is going to get hot."

Everyone rushes out of the room. Admiral Drake grabs Thomas.

Admiral Drake:
"Not you, Thomas, I need you to go to Luyten 726-8, we've been getting reports of Xecobia in the system, and the HCA has nothing but fighters there, they wouldn't stand a chance. You're new, I don't want to lose you for no reason."

Thomas rushes out to his ship, his crew is waiting for him.

Co-pilot Frelock: Welcome back sir. We're ready to go.

Spoiler: Roadviper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita: Engineer. (click to show/hide)

If I missed anything just tell me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:42:40 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 09:23:48 pm »

Salute the captain on his way in.

On our way out of the system, do system checks on the weaponry, make sure the weapon scanners, sights, etc are working 100%. Then just, wait. Wait for further orders from the captain and go about my usual duties.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 09:30:07 pm »

A more serious question, wouldn't you think a medical position would be nice to add?

Also, I'd like to be on the waiting list.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 09:32:33 pm »

I do a quick check on my systems. Last check was a few hours ago, but it never hurts to be safe. I also salute the captain as he enters.

"Cap'n." I say. "Heard the Xecobians are in the system...is it true? What's are next course of action?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 09:38:10 pm »

A more serious question, wouldn't you think a medical position would be nice to add?

Also, I'd like to be on the waiting list.
We don't need no medics!

Well, ground combat was never in mind when making the ship. So there's no medical bays, although there is a bunch of med packs. And in space combat it's usually you die instantly or you come out unharmed. The weapons are just there "in case".

Added to waiting list.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:40:25 pm by Tarran »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 09:41:18 pm »

Maybe there is a med bay (accidents happen you know), but it wouldn't be real exciting to have someone play as medical staff in this RP/RTD.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 09:42:11 pm »

Maybe there is a med bay (accidents happen you know), but it wouldn't be real exciting to have someone play as medical staff in this RP/RTD.
Medpacks added to the ship. Just in case. And yes, medics probably wouldn't be very fun.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »

Chillax at my post, checking the weapons systems to ensure they're functioning well.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43