Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: USDF Spaceship RTD (Ended.)  (Read 54132 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: USDF Spaceship RTD (Turn 0: off to Luyten 726-8 we go!)
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 10:35:58 pm »

I'll take a spot on the waiting list if there is any

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 10:38:31 pm »

I'll take a spot on the waiting list if there is any
Added.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:50 pm »

Give Nimitz a slightly concerned look, then address the crew over the comm or whatever:

"Attention crew, there are Xecobia in the system, but they're not our problem. We'll be providing support to Luyten 726-8 against suspected Xecobia activity while more experienced ships deal with the problem here."

Then start heading to Luyten, avoiding any combat if we can't start warping immediately.

EDIT: In that case, I'll casually look up details on Xecobia Dreadnoughts, as well as any info on human attempts at creating such things. Unless someone has something better to look up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:36:20 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 11:30:55 pm »

Remember guys:
Your ship's computers are filled with history. Just ask about anything (once per turn) and you will get what you asked for, it may be brief if I can't be bothered to type anymore in.
It doesn't take an action. But only one person can access it at a time. You may want to use it if you are curious.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:32:42 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 02:00:41 am »

I become familiar with the ship, also if possible look for a area that can be used as a shooting range. Take off!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:04:35 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 02:36:11 am »

"Aye captain.  All crew to stations!  Ochita, fire up the STARREACH engines.  Airlock is de-pressurizing.  Com from the Reach, we are cleared for launch.  Docking clasps released in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, release.

The ship's all yours, captain."

Help the captain pilot the ship.  Investigate Luyten 726-8 in the library.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 03:55:35 am »

Posting to keep a watch on the thread, and maybe take a spot on the waiting list.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 01:52:01 pm »

Posting to keep a watch on the thread, and maybe take a spot on the waiting list.
Ah, nice to see an epic RTD Game Maker interested in this thread.

Anyway, waiting for smjjames.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 01:53:27 pm »

Look on the previous page.....

Salute the captain on his way in.

On our way out of the system, do system checks on the weaponry, make sure the weapon scanners, sights, etc are working 100%. Then just, wait. Wait for further orders from the captain and go about my usual duties.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:00:19 pm by smjjames »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 02:37:05 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-... I refreshed the page...

Dammit...

I'll get the turn up... Sometime...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 02:50:27 pm »

Can I have a spot on the waiting list too?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: USDF Spaceship RTD (Turn 1: indecision.)
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 03:43:28 pm »

Can I have a spot on the waiting list too?
Sure.

TIME TO TRY AGAIN. Don't be surpirsed if it's not very enthusiastic. But then again, you did not just have to do the same turn twice.

Turn 1: indecision.

Salute the captain on his way in.

On our way out of the system, do system checks on the weaponry, make sure the weapon scanners, sights, etc are working 100%. Then just, wait. Wait for further orders from the captain and go about my usual duties.

[6]: You salute, shake hands, hug, high-five, and bro-fist the captain... Err...

You check the weapons, they look fi-*ca-clunk*. ...What was that? Oh well, what's the worst that could happen?

You walk to your APIMGT.

I do a quick check on my systems. Last check was a few hours ago, but it never hurts to be safe. I also salute the captain as he enters.

"Cap'n." I say. "Heard the Xecobians are in the system...is it true? What's are next course of action?"
[1]: You seem to be caught in some sort of indecision.

Chillax at my post, checking the weapons systems to ensure they're functioning well.
[2]: You also seem to be caught in some sort of indecision.

Give Nimitz a slightly concerned look, then address the crew over the comm or whatever:

"Attention crew, there are Xecobia in the system, but they're not our problem. We'll be providing support to Luyten 726-8 against suspected Xecobia activity while more experienced ships deal with the problem here."

Then start heading to Luyten, avoiding any combat if we can't start warping immediately.

EDIT: In that case, I'll casually look up details on Xecobia Dreadnoughts, as well as any info on human attempts at creating such things. Unless someone has something better to look up.
[2]: You ALSO seem to be caught in some sort of indecision.

I become familiar with the ship, also if possible look for a area that can be used as a shooting range. Take off!
[5]: You rush to the engine room in record time. Hmm, the ammo belt for the right APIMGT seems to be jammed, you un-jam it.

"Aye captain.  All crew to stations!  Ochita, fire up the STARREACH engines.  Airlock is de-pressurizing.  Com from the Reach, we are cleared for launch.  Docking clasps released in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, release.

The ship's all yours, captain."

Help the captain pilot the ship.  Investigate Luyten 726-8 in the library.
[2]: You seem to be caught in some sort of indecision too.

Spoiler: Luyten 726-8 (click to show/hide)

Reach's Tower: You guys are cleared for launch. Uh... Guys...?

Spoiler: Roadviper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita: Engineer. (click to show/hide)

Four out of six players were caught in some sort of indecision. How lovely.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:46:04 pm by Tarran »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 03:49:38 pm »

Look up the ships specs. Captain lets go to Luyten 726-8 Already.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 03:51:50 pm »

Did the clunk noise come from my section? If so, check it out, otherwise ignore it.

Not much else to do until we get out of the system and to our destination.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »

I should probably make this a note to all forum game GMs everywhere - make your turns somewhere that doesn't easily get erased! Notepad at the least, spreadsheet at best. It's saved me countless times.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43