Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld 2 - Turn 33 - Free at last!  (Read 28316 times)

Agamemnon

• Bay Watcher
  • Function - unknown
    • View Profile
RTD - Multiworld 2 - Turn 33 - Free at last!
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:56 am »

Hello

My name is Alexander, I am from Germany, and this is Multiworld two.

I am new to GMing, but now the time is right for a field test. And hopefully, you will like my writing and enjoy this one.
Sean Mirrsen allowed me to use his rules and background story to create another Multiworld, filled with another 9 Subworlds to explore. Thank you Sean.

I plan on doing 1 Turn per day, maybe 2, if I have extra time and the actions are all there. In any case, the deadline for actions will be midnight in CEST. That is UTC + 2. All other rules apply identical to Sean's game:

This is an RTD set in my "Multiworlds:The Greatest of The Wars" setting.

Rules:
Quote from: RTD Standard 1.0 ruleset
    The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat.

Quote from: RTD Advanced Rulings
    For each action, any number of rolls may be made, as determined by the GM.
    Primary causes for multiple rolls include, but are not limited to:

* Actions explicitly composed of multiple actions
        * Actions that imply other actions that are not declared free

For every dodge roll, any number of additional rolls may be made, as determined by the circumstances, and any skills or special effects applied to the player.

Quote from: RTD Extended 1.3 Rules
    Each successive dodge roll during a turn, unless it is a dodge against the same object or character, will get a -1 bonus.

If you are Stunned, Dazed, or otherwise receive a temporary penalty to overall or individual rolls, this penalty lasts until your next action is resolved, and not through the whole turn.
    If you receive a long-term effect that has the potential to alter itself, you get an Effect Resistance roll immediately after your action is resolved to determine the spread and consequences of the effect.
    If you are Unconscious, whatever penalty you receive will not reduce your roll score below 2, unless stated otherwise.
    If you receive a mortal wound but are not killed outright, you need to pass a roll to dodge Death at the end of every turn. Only bad rolls here will provide penalties to survival rolls.

You can spend your turn to help another player achieve his goal. If your roll is higher, it is taken as the success roll for the action.
    You can also spend your turn to botch another player's action. If your roll is higher, its opposite is taken as the success roll for the action.
    In both cases, individual player rolls determine what happens to the players in the course of the action.

Additional Game Rules:
Permadeath is in effect. This means no "ghost" characters, but the player can still get raised and isn't kicked out at once. On a bright side, if you didn't get in the first player roster, you can take a slot once someone dies permanently.

Quote from: Skillsystem
Skills can be earned or upgraded through perfect use (rolling a natural 5). Skills that are granted by items are not upgradeable.

1. Novice/Basic: Skill granted (action using it succeed on a 4, too)
2. Skilled: +1 on rolls with that skill
3. Master: Overshoot protection
More upgrades can only be earned by expanding the scope of the skill.

Abilities can be toggleable at will. (The status will be shown in brackets)
Abilities can also be static, which is the standard case with body modifications.
Abilities will not get automatic skill increase when used - because they are not skills.

P.S: Casual reality bending will be prohibited here, too.

also note, that the first game is still running: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24188.0

Okay, enough with the rules for now:

You start lying on the ground with your eyes closed. You wear generic underwear, but have no other belongings. The ground is warm and you feel a layer of fine sand covering an otherwise hard surface. You know nothing about yourself, except your name. Also you inherently know your task: Locate keys and survive.

Player list: (complete)
Toaster
jozilla
Paranatural
Ochita
Frelock
nuker w
wolfchild

Waiting list:
dermonster
Typoman
HmH
Tokay
Motigg
Azrathud
maxicaxi

Casualties:
Subject name: Nimitz

Cause of death: Terminal inactivity disease, cranial intrusion of arrow

Postmortem: Subjects brain gradually shut down leading to suicidal behavior

Subject name: maxicaxi

Cause of death: Simultaneous loss of all vital organs, being eaten alive by 9 zombies

Postmortem: Subject greatly underestimated the dangers of necromancy in combination with speed enhancements. General misjudgement of friend/foe behavior of summoned creatures without proper training.

---

New players may join after subworld is completed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:17:26 am by Agamemnon »
Glossary #52
Execution shaft aka. dwarven wormhole

Works as follows: Things enter one end, emerge at the other and then get eaten by worms.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld 2 - now hiring
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:47:55 am »

I open my eyes, stand up, and search the room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

jozilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:16 am »

I stand up und look around me

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:08:27 am »

I'm in.

I open my eyes and stand up, examining my surroundings.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:05:46 pm »

i join then

i try to evolve eye lazorz
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:42:57 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:30:41 pm »

I join!
Try to increase my agility
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:37:33 pm »

Oh boy, another one of these!

Do some push-ups to increase my strength.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:39 pm »

Count me in.

I sit up, open my eyes, and examine my surroundings.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:42:58 pm »

Posting to keep a tab on this. As much as I'd like to join, in the immortal words of the Mafia, "I know too much." :P

Good luck, Agamemnon. I hope to see you prevail.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Agamemnon

• Bay Watcher
  • Function - unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:31:35 pm »

Thanks and Welcome aboard to the 7, that are already here.

While I wait, I have begun to roll the results. Well 3 Epic Fails and 2 Overshoots in Turn 1. At least all still have their underwear on.  :P

Edit: No serious injuries though. One of you is dizzy now.

While we wait on #8: Please post your gender.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:01:48 pm by Agamemnon »
Glossary #52
Execution shaft aka. dwarven wormhole

Works as follows: Things enter one end, emerge at the other and then get eaten by worms.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 03:09:44 pm »

bonk!

male

just make them jump in later.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 03:10:56 pm »

Male
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 03:15:29 pm »

Look around me and try to think about how i got here... whilst doing knucle push ups

Hope this is EXSTREME  ;D

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 03:19:10 pm »

wee start !!!!!!!!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 03:38:42 pm »

Male
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37