Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld 2 - Turn 33 - Free at last!  (Read 28783 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld 2 - Turn 33 - Free at last!
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2010, 08:15:57 am »

Edit: Continue of thread is next monday.

Wink wink
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

jozilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 11, 2010, 06:40:29 am »

I charge the paladin in front of me with my axe

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multi World 2 - Turn 33 - Free at last!
« Reply #542 on: August 11, 2010, 09:34:02 am »

Quote from: Sean Morrison link=topic=24188.msg 269734#msg269734 date=1220280730
Rules:
Quote from: RTD Standard 1.0 rule set
    The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat.

these are pretty much universal
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 11, 2010, 09:49:46 am »

POTATO (BUMP)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 11, 2010, 09:53:42 am »

Revitalize the thread
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 11, 2010, 09:59:40 am »

Rules:
    The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat.

You did get a roll- in fact, you got three, and you 1ed all three of them.  You're dead as dead can be.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:58 am »

Rules:

You did get a roll- in fact, you got three, and you 1ed all three of them.  You're dead as dead can be.
wot?

i just posted in the wrong thread.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:16 am »

Oops.  DisregarD>

Agamemnon

• Bay Watcher
  • Function - unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 16, 2010, 07:09:36 am »

Revitalize the thread

[5] You succeed in summoning the gamemaster back from a meeting with europe's finest viruses and bacteria that took place in his lungs.

Wrong Computer though. Once I am back home this evening, I put the turn on the top of my todo-list.
Glossary #52
Execution shaft aka. dwarven wormhole

Works as follows: Things enter one end, emerge at the other and then get eaten by worms.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 16, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »

ồ_Ố at the misspelling of my name in that quote. If it's not supposed to be my name, someone is being pretty creative.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 23, 2010, 02:44:06 pm »

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]