Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 43487 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Avatars
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 12:45:58 am »

My avatar is now best avatar.
*Large Amount Of Laughter.*

I'd just switch around all the faceless mooks you see in video games, so it's easy to know who I am.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:01 am »

I've only had the one- two, if you count Itnetlolor's addition of a CREEPY FRICKIN' SMILE.

I think my 'your avatar is awesome/creepy' PM count stands at three.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 01:01:57 am »

I know I judge Dasleah and Aqizzar by their avatars :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 01:07:57 am »

Aqizzar's had the same one... forever... except for when he changed the beard greenish
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 02:57:18 am »

I've noticed this avatar makes me sound snobbish, but I can't find anything better. I've thought of using the control cube as an avatar, but the colors seem to be a bit off, so it doesn't give you the feel of a solid object like it does in the game.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 05:05:59 am »

I've had this avatar for ages.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 05:10:43 am »

I may change mine, I actually have no idea what kind of attitude mine gives off, it would be silly to think people imagine me as a wolf standing with prowess and dignity having conversation in that pose.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 06:03:17 am »

I find that many people change avatars like they change toilet paper, but seeing as my user name was meant to go with this picture and alias, I tend to think that it would be rather fickle of me to change it now, or any time in the foreseeable future for that matter.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 06:39:01 am »

I used to have an ODST avatar, but that seemed a bit too childish to me, so I needed to find a more mature avatar that would gain more respect in conversation.

I chose a British madman.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 06:46:50 am »

I changed avatars pretty often some time ago but I've been with this one for a long time.

Unfortunately it mostly conveys messages of excusing my latest delays in internet storytelling.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 07:05:08 am »

I tend to associate posters with avatars then names. It helps me out on the formites with just letter and numbers for a name.

After playing the avatar rating game, I was surprise on how vexing my avatar is.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 08:09:57 am »

What do y'all think about mine?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »

What do y'all think about mine?
Fits the name.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »

I already made this thread.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »

Much like everyone else here, I usually associate Avatars with people first, and eventually a Username... and if I ever correspond with internet people enough, I eventually come to know them by their actual name. That process takes a while, and I don't really form a concrete Idea of "who" someone is on the internet, the same as I do for people I physically meet.

I change mine semi-frequently, but the upside-down cat does make me rather happy. It's probably my most memorable one, and fits me best thematically.

I always associate Toonyman with the TROLLS in the boat.

I miss that one... 10th Kingdom was good stuff, and the Trolls were one of my favorite parts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39